cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has PlusNet Crippled FTP altogether?

N/A

I know im not the only one (just check these forums, adslguide, ispreview etc).

Less than 1k/s and timing out on FTP connections is just attrocious.

I want to know why plusnet have felt the need to actually reduce the speeds of ftp to this level for people like me who have gone over the invisible limits.

Surely you should still offer us some form of connectivity for FTP, even if it s 5k/s. The timeouts are unbareable. I'm on the verge of doing something silly.

I NEED FTP!
6 REPLIES
N/A

they havnt.

If you use to much. they slow you down.

if ur on bb+ and need ftp then go premeir or migrate.
if ur on premier stop downloading as much over usenet/p2p/ftp

20gb clean line speed/5gig @512 / 25+ very SLOW.

thats the deal. dont like it, upgrade account or move.

The broadband market is roayly screwed. aint much u can do unless u have cable or llu
N/A

upgrade account? lol

go away you brown noser.

I pay for premier, I signed up for an unlimited and uncapped service (their words).

I have used 14GB peak time.

Regardless, I do not see how they benefit from reducing ftp usage to 1k/s (unusable) over 5k/s.

It's actually possible to download more on a dialup over a month. I paid for a "premier" service and this is NOT what I'm getting.

I have never been emailed about going over any limits, and feel it is wholey unfair for them to just start capping my account when they see fit, especially to such a level that I cannot use it for its intended purpose.
N/A

they havnt.

If you use to much. they slow you down.

It is worth noting that this is only the case if you have signed up within the last three days, as they changed their network management page to include words to this effect.

If you signed up prior to three days ago, your downloads should reduce by 4 to 6 % at peak times.

If you think your not getting what you signed up for, raise a ticket.
N/A

I have a premie account and have no FTP and no peer 2 peer access.
I had only used 9gb peak (using the old useage tool), but now they have upgraded the tool its 20.77gb with the 4-midnight added in. This total also includes about 200mb a day of web surfing. So I haven't actually used 20gb worth of unclean download. yet peer 2 peer & Ftp is throttled to nothing, I cannot connect it just times out. This isn't slowed down its stopped. I joined in 2002, so unresticted it sure was. I am annoyed at how many changes that are making with no warning and not designing the tools correct. I also thought it was download traffic only that was monitored and not upload. I have only downloaded 8gb. I know I still have the files.

The contract with plusnet is now we will change your terms to match what we like. It is not very good just now.
N/A

Why not call Sheffield trading standards then? 0114 273 6289
N/A

This is the situation I was trying to point out the other day. Packet loss is being deliberately introduced to FTP, that's why you get timeouts. BB+ see the same packet loss on HTTP and SMTP at full shafting too. It's completely unacceptable - they don't just slow it down, they break it.