cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't ticket replies appear?

N/A

I have just replied to a ticket message and was disconcerted not to see my reply show up in the message log even after refreshing the page. Does this mean that my reply is lost - or do they take a while to show up? I'm guessing that they should show up instantly. There was no alert or red type to indicate a problem after posting my reply. And of course there are consequences of not realising that a reply hasn't been posted - the ticket gets closed!

On a related issue, when I have in the past forgotten to hit one of the radio buttons (Yes/No you have understood my problem) the page refreshes with a red message asking me to hit a radio button but the text of my message (long and complex in this case) has been lost forever it appears. Is there not a way to leave the text in place when refreshing for a problem?

I also think it's a pity that you didn't overhaul the confusing radio buttons at the same time as your recent navigation/layout changes.

Simon
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The issues with the radio button selection is known and work is planned to revamp the contact us system but this is some way off.

As for your problem of losing yoru ticket, yes it should appear immediately so I suspect either you clicked the wrong option or it has been lost. You should create the ticket/reply again.

As for the lost text, normally yo can use your browser back button to go back to te previous page where the text should still be visible. If this does not work, there is no way to recover the text and you will have to enter it again.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I would suggest drafting your reply in say notepad and then copy/paste it in.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

The issues with the radio button selection is known and work is planned to revamp the contact us system but this is some way off.

Apart from a restrictive choice of options (maybe _no_ radio buttons would be better than the incumbents), the real breakdown occurs when someone replies to a ticket and ticks the Yes button - which causes the reply not to be posted and, worse, no alert to tell you that you have just wated your time ...and probably brought about a premature end to your ticket. It's perfectly possible for the PlusNet correspondent to have understood the problem but not yet solved it, so Yes would be the correct answer to the question even if you want to keep the ticket open for further dialogue/investigation. But it seems that hitting the Yes button tells the system that the problem is solved. If there must be radio buttons, the obvious replacement for "Have we understood your problem?" would be "Is your problem solved?"

Simon
Community Veteran

All very valid points which have been made by many others in the past.

The difficulty with the contact us system is it's integration with lots of other systems that plusnet CS use. It is this that is stopping what may appear to be simple changes from being made.

It could be a whole lot better by just altering the sequence of questions but we have to make do with what is there - which is much better than previous systems and better than using email that other ISPs use
N/A

The difficulty with the contact us system is it's integration with lots of other systems that plusnet CS use. It is this that is stopping what may appear to be simple changes from being made.

Would it really impact elsewhere if the text was changed to "Is your problem solved?" instead of "Have we understood your problem?" This one and surely simple local change would avoid a great deal of confusion.

Stan
N/A

I reckon it's quite a common problem - I seem to have done the same thing recently by clicking the yes button. Now I can't seem to get a reply from them at all, even though I have reposted the ticket.