cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't spam protection work?

Barry_Doe
Grafter

I switched on spam protection last Friday and noted that it said it would take 30 minutes before it started tagging incoming spam with the word SPAM in the subject box. Nothing happened so I asked Support. They apologised, said they had "worked on my account" and it would start working over the weekend. It didn't so I emailed Support again and this time was told "ISPs have problems with spam" and they gave me a link to read all about it - a link which didn't work! However that's not the point. I appreciate ISPs have problems - all I want to know is: a) is spam protection meant to work in the manner described; and b) if not why is it offered? Have users any thoughts or experience of this?

Barry Doe
7 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

Can you let us know if emails are still not being marked as Spam? Are any emails being tagged at all?

I can see that the protection is active on your account and Spam emails should be getting tagged.
Barry_Doe
Grafter

Thanks, Chris. No, nothing at all gets tagged. I told Support this two days ago but received no reply and the question is still open.

Barry
chrisc
Grafter

I have raised a ticket on your account to our networks team to ensure that the spam protection has been added to the database.

Everything appears ok on your account, hence the problems getting this sorted, but obviously there is an underlying problem somewhere.

The networks guys should reply to the ticket and email you when its sorted.
Barry_Doe
Grafter

Many thanks. It has started working now and I've had a reply saying it's 'being done manually' whatever that means!

Barry
chrisc
Grafter

Good to hear its working for you.

Occasionally when we activate the protection on an account it does not automatically configure it correctly. As this was the case on your account it needed one of the networks team to 'manually' add your details to the database to ensure it was operational.

Glad to see this has been done Cheesy
Barry_Doe
Grafter

I have appreciated your help. Thanks again.

Barry
chrisc
Grafter

No problem. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have any further issues.