cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my website look like this?

N/A

http://www.supaway.plus.com/

I used to have my site with Blueyonder and it was fine. As I moved house, I could no longer use Telewest as it doesn't cover my area. I looked at all the ISP's & Plusnet looked the best deal.

Now I am trying to upload my web site built using Webdwarf & using Webdwarf's publisher (as I always have) but it isn't working. None of the images are showing up. I have also tried using Web CEO-ftp to upload the site, but it still doesn't show correctly. As this has always worked in the past and I have had this site for many years with Blueyonder, with no problems, can anyone tell me what is wrong now? HELP!!

Thank you

Sue
10 REPLIES
N/A

Just had a look and either your subdirectories aren't visible (permissions?) or you've not uploaded them...
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

The files on the PlusNet Servers will be case sensative I think. Have you got the file names of the images exactly as you have uploaded them?

Phil
N/A

Everthing is exactly as it was when I had my site with Blueyonder. I am just uploading the whole site to plusnet. I just looked in ftp://ftp.plus.net/htdocs/ folder And I apear to have another htdocs folder inside this one, maybe that is the problemHuh I just need to figure out a way to get it out, it won't let me cut & pasteHuh I am pulling my hair out here, please help me before I go bald!! :?
N/A

Try downloading filezilla - another ftp client and moving all the items in the second htdocs folder upto the top folder.

(Just visiting your site going to /htdocs and it worked so all the files are in that second htdocs folder)
N/A

EDIT: all the text below is irrelevant - as it looks like the problem was discovered whilst I was typing Wink

I'll leave it here so as not to orphan things.

Looks to me like you haven't uploaded the image folder, if I'm interpreting the 404 correctly. As far as I can tell, by default +N webspace will show a folder view for any folder which doesn't have an index.xxx, and supaway.plus.com/image gives a 404, not any kind of folder view.

Remember that the image folder needs to be inside the htdocs folder.
Superuser
Superuser

It shows right if you go to http://www.supaway.plus.com/htdocs/. Would be easy to move them by sshing in. Not sure if you can do that on that server though?

Phil
Superuser
Superuser

Or you could just re-upload your images directory into the correct place.

Phil
N/A

Thanks guys, I think I am getting there!! :lol:
N/A

OK,

Here's what has happened.

Your website has got a bit disorganised in terms of the locations of your images.

Currently your site thinks that all your images are stored in a subdirectory /image/ However all but one of your images are in the root of your site.
Look www.supaway.plus.com/autumn1.jpg - you should see the image.

Options are, either shift them to the correct folder (for tidiness) or edit index.htm and delete the references to the /mage/ folder.

Hope this helps?
worm
Grafter

definately shift them to the correct folder

far neater - and saves a load of editing