cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does mail from PlusNet take so long.....

N/A

to reach me PlusNet sent an email to me yesterday at 13:35 and I didn't receive it until 10:30 this morning...

WhyHuh

Also would a PlusNet rep please advice if the peak-times are going to be united any time soon, I was told it would be done February, but since then it's been moved to the end of February.

if it's staying the way it is at present and not going to be changed please say so, so I can make an informed choice?

Also will P2P, FTP etc usage be shown on the VMBU so can track their usage and stay within limits

I have no problem with the way Premier works re usage SUP, FUP etc but would really like to be able to check usage.

I do have a problem with PlusNet and the lack of keeping customers updated re changes and time scales, other than that I'm more than happy with PlusNets service re connection speed etc....
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If you want to let me see the email headers then I may be able to see what caused the delay.

Regarding the peak time, the intention is still to create a single peak of 4pm to midnight once the automation work is complete, at the moment I don't have an exact date but will let you know when I do.

At the moment P2P/FTP/Usenet usage isn't going to be displayed seperately because the information displayed in VMBU comes direct from RADIUS which only gives total usage. The P2P/FTP/Usenet data is captured by the Ellacoyas and there isn't an interface between VMBU and the Ellacoyas at the moment, so this would need creating. The way the automation will work may mean that this isn't necessary.
N/A

Envelope-to: postmaster@xxxxxxxplus.com
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:35:27 +0000
Received: from pih-relay04.plus.net ([212.159.14.131])
by ptb-mxcore01.plus.net with esmtp (PlusNet MXCore v2.00) id 1F515z-0001to-CH
for postmaster@xxxxxxxx.plus.com; Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:35:27 +0000
Received: from [192.168.229.20] (helo=porcupine.servers.plus.net)
by pih-relay04.plus.net with smtp (Exim) id 1F515y-0000ji-My
for postmaster@xxxxxxxxx.plus.com; Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:35:26 +0000
Received: (qmail 23766 invoked by uid 60000); 3 Feb 2006 13:35:26 -0000
Date: 3 Feb 2006 13:35:26 -0000
Message-ID: <20060203133526.23765.qmail@porcupine.servers.plus.net>

I'm no techie but looking at the headers it seems I should have received the email immediately but I only got the email this morning,

Is there any other external reasons for the delay?? Or could it be something my end??

Thanks for the reply, is the ETA for peak-time still expected at the end of Feb or have the dates moved?Huh
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Yeah, header looks fine, I'll keep a look out for any more and see what I can find out.

I don't know about the date for the peak time changes, I know there's a lot of work being done now to roll out different parts of the automation work over the next few weeks, but I don't personally know when the peak time will be able to be changed.
N/A

Thanks for that

So are you saying that the date of the end February is likely to slip, I hope not....
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I honestly couldn't say because I personally don't know the answer but will ask Monday.
N/A

OK thanks I certainly hope there is not more delays getting the peak-times together Sad