cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do Plusnet ignore their paying customers?

N/A

My mum upgraded onto broadband on 24/2/06. The modem supplied (Zyxtel) does not work.
Plusnet do not want to deal with this. They initially admitted that there was a known problem with the modem. The last update was on Sunday and a full reply was promised by yesterday afternoon.
Unfortunately no update was provided as promised.
We updated the ticket this morning asking for a reply but as yet nothing.
The way I see it Plusnet are keen to take the money but then not provide the service. This is no way to treat loyal customers. Plusnet have not kept their side of the deal but enforce their terms all the time. The only way my Mum can use her computer is by using a spare USB Modem of mine. The problem was reported in the early hours of Friday morning and yet no decision has been made by Plusnet.
It's not complicated either replace it with a working modem (not Zyxtel) or admit that their are problems and 'tear up' the whole agreement.
Updating the ticket gets us nowhere - hopefully now by 'going public' something will be done.
The ticket number in question is 18841821 and an update, and speedy resolution, would be nice. Thanks
7 REPLIES
N/A

dont keep updating the ticket apparently this puts you to the bottom of the ticket que again so the CS dont see it Smiley .
N/A

Technically PN have sold your mother the modem (if they try to deny this then ask what she will be asked to pay for if she leaves early).

Under the Sale of Goods act the vendor (note vendor, not their supplier or the manufacturer) is required to repair or replace a defective item if it fails under warrenty. Point this out to PN and ask how they intend to resolve the matter. Refer to trading standards if they don't relent and provide a replacement.
N/A

I've already mentioned Trading Standards to Plusnet - but no response.
N/A

I too have had a similar experience and have got as far as you.

See my post http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39421 for more details.
N/A

Bob,

Are you still no further on with your issue? Actually I just realised its slightly different to the OP's. Sad

With regard to the Zyxel issue. This is a known fault and shouldnt be that difficult for the CSC to resolve. This particular problem was raised via the UserGroup and the last i heard was that Plus net were talking to Zyxel about the problem.

I'll see if we can get an update and let you know.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

One of the agents has assigned the ticket to himself to look into, unfortunately he isn't in today so I can't ask him about it, I'll check tomorrow and see what I can do for you.
N/A

Thanks Dave - we'll wait to hear from you.