cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant i pay plusnet?

N/A

Why cant i pay plusnet?

Why can’t i pay plusnet to not have my downloads throttled? i would have thought paying a small fee would cover any extra bandwidth they would have to buy, i rarely download p2p, and i never go over 30gb a month (im paying £25 or something) yet when i do download using p2p its usually when im at the PC during the evening, i cant schedule downloads as my PC cannot be left on over night for practical reasons. when i download torrents at about 10PM for example i suffer 14kBs download on a 1mb connection. Is this not possible? id be willing to pay extra! Even though my connection is mainly used for VoIP and Gaming.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Why cant i pay plusnet?

i think this is something quite a few folk would like, a system similar to the usenet one, say.. your first 30gb of p2p at full speed and then once the limit is reached, then the throttle would kick in.
Then the people who were using most bandwidth would suffer the most throttling, it could even be done on a sliding scale like,

0-30gb = no throttle

30-60gb = mild throttle

60-90gb = a little more throttle

90gb+ = heavy throttle

I am not in favour of traffic shaping at all, but if it has to be done (which we are told it does) i think this would be a more fair system, do you think so?
N/A

Why cant i pay plusnet?

i agree, if it Has to be done then throttle thouse that constatly download from p2p. i download one 300mb file a week from p2p and i get stuck at 17kb where as my friend down the road can get 55kb on a 512kb ADSL line, (im on 1mb "wat teh fook?")
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Why cant i pay plusnet?

We are aware that p2p speeds may not be ideal for some users and in some ways lighter users are being slowed the same as heavy users. We are looking at ways of changing this and although we might not be able to do this immediately it is something we will be able to do this in the future.
N/A

Why cant i pay plusnet?

Could you elaborate more on what may happen to improve speeds for light users?

For example,

If i downloaded 25gb on October, 31gb on November, 26gb on December. Would the previous month determine the amount of throttling on the account, so on November i would have no throttling, but December i would have some throttling.
Something like this maybe?

i would personally like to see a system implemented like this Sooner rather than later as it is effecting most people now.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Why cant i pay plusnet?

I can't at the moment as it is too early to say. When we have more information we will make it available.