cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't Windows remember our password?

N/A

In the good old days, Windows remembered my user name and password so I could get at account information easily, view invoices etc. And it was dead easy for my staff too.
Now every time, I have to re-enter the details. What a waste of valuable time.
8 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Sounds like a browser issue rather than Windows itself.

I'm using Firefox here, and it remembers my login details.
N/A

Firefox here too and its working just fine Wink
N/A

Yes, I'm using Internet Explorer. Normally password requests are accompanied by a tickbox asking if Windows should remember them.
So am I missing something?
Everything worked properly until they redesigned the page.
N/A

Hi there.

In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Content - Auto Complete.

You should see Use Auto Complete for .....usernames and passwords for forms and prompt to save passwords.

Ensure both are selected.

Handy as this feature is, bear in mind the security implications of having stored passwords on a PC.

Hope that gets you sorted.
N/A

Thanks for the help. Hopefully that's sorted.
I understand the danger of storing passwords this way, but remembering so many is a nightmare.
Just checking messages on the forum is a lengthy process unless the password is remembered.
N/A

but remembering so many is a nightmare.

Tell me about it. I cant cope at times with the number I am supposed to remember. If I hadnt them stored I'd be lost. Smiley
N/A

The old site used a server login window, the new site uses a form on a page for you to enter your username and password, these are handled differently.

In Internet Explorer when viewing the login screen (on any site this is) you sometimes have to click on a blank area of the page then back into the Username box before entering your details and clicking Login, this will then display the "Do you want to remember this password" window.

When you come back to the site and need to log in click the Username box and start to type your username (only needs the first letter) then just select your username from the list that is displayed and it should fill in your username and password for you then just click Login.

Note: If as you start entering your username it does not display a list, click on a blank area of the page and then on the Username box and try again.

or use Firefox or Opera.
N/A

I can't see why Metronet can't implement the optional auto login feature that they have on the Plusnet member centre.

Makes it so much easier to just visit the member centre and your account details are there straight away. No entering your username or password.