cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't PN e-mail us when they make changes?

N/A

Peak time has now been changed to 8am - 12am. If you haven't trawled these forums you wouldn't know this & subsequenty could exceed your limits which would result in a cap.

With many people on holiday they'll be using their connections a lot more. If they still believe their peak time is between 4pm & 12am they may use their connection from the morning up until 4pm. If they don't know about the new peak time hrs they could exceed their peak limit.

Why do we never receive official notification of these types of changes via an e-mail?

Are they deliberately trying to weed out another batch of users over Christmas?
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Peak time for the SUP is still 4pm until midnight. It's only 8am until midnight For p2p / ftp / usenet
N/A

Re: Why can't PN e-mail us when they make changes?

They did make a Service Status announcement about the changes. You can have these sent to you by email by signing up at http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php.

Tim
N/A

boorman,

Although you can have notifications sent out to you from the forums, it is not the individuals user to make sure they have enabled a simple mailing script which keeps them up to date with Plusnets changes.
If Plusnet change the service then it is Plusnets responsibility to inform its customers and not the customers responsibility to get in touch with Plusnet to get told of the changes.

regards,
N/A

I am sure that PlusNet's view would be that as the changes were covered by the existing Terms and Conditions, they were not obliged to send an email to all the customers affected by them.

Tim
N/A

Thanks mate, I know it's for p2p / ftp / usenet but that's the point. Not a lot of others would if they didn't look look in the forums which would result in yet another batch of pee'd off customers.

Peak time for the SUP is still 4pm until midnight. It's only 8am until midnight For p2p / ftp / usenet
N/A

If Plusnet change the service then it is Plusnets responsibility to inform its customers and not the customers responsibility to get in touch with Plusnet to get told of the changes.

Exactly Tom.

They (PN) moan about & lock negative threads but by doing things like this (not informing customers of significant changes) they are not helping themselves.

I'll just wait for the obligatory "this only effects 1% of users" reply from PN. :lol:
ceridwen
Grafter

I am sure that PlusNet's view would be that as the changes were covered by the existing Terms and Conditions, they were not obliged to send an email to all the customers affected by them.

The latest T&Cs actually state that PN must give notice for changes to the agreement. The agreement is defined to be "these Conditions and Annexes hereto, the Customer Order, and any other document that the parties agree in writing will form part of the Agreement", which is a little vague - for example does the service as provisioned at the point of ordering constitute.

However, in the e-mail announcing these changes back in August, PN list one of the changes as "Reinforcement of our commitment to giving you 'reasonable notice' of any changes, upgrades or alterations to the service."

I have asked in the past how PN square this commitment to giving you 'reasonable notice' of any changes, upgrades or alterations to the service, with their policy of not informing customers on the basis that the changes "do not affect the majority of customers". I don't recall seeing an answer (but apologies if I missed one).

Matthew
N/A

I'll just wait for the obligatory "this only effects 1% of users" reply from PN. :lol:

The changes certainly have had a positive effect for the vast majority of PlusNet's broadband customers, so why should they have to send out an email about them?

Tim
N/A

what positve effectsHuh?
N/A

The changes certainly have had a positive effect for the vast majority of PlusNet's broadband customers, so why should they have to send out an email about them?Tim

So, how are we expected to abide by rules if PN keep changing them without notifying us directly.

Many users do not check the forums & you shouldn't have to. PN should e-mail us or write to us notifying us of change & provide us with suitable notice.
___oDiN__
Grafter

i agree all users should be notified of changes to their product regardless of wether plusnet deem the need/do not need to know and they can read/ignore as they see fit

by doing this plusnet can state that ALL users were informed BEFORE the event
JonathanW
Grafter

In this particular case, the Updated Vision, it was felt that it wasn't needed to inform everyone via email. There were several reasons behind this, and it was something covered at the customer forum.

The main reason is that the majority of customers would see an improvement from the changes, and as such wouldn't need to be informed directly. They could just continue to use the service in the same way that they had been doing before, all be it at higher speeds for some of their applications. You've all seen the usage figures published by PUG that support this view.

The other main reason is that it would cause a massive influx of calls and tickets to the CSC, from these light users, who aren't adversly affected by this, but who would still ask questions.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

The main reason is that the majority of PREMIER customers would see an improvement from the changes, and as such wouldn't need to be informed directly.
See my addition to the quote. In fact for BB+ customers they would see a change the first time they downloaded from an FTP site as the speed would fall through the floor even if their usage per month was only 1GB..
So why weren't they informed so they could decide whether they should change to Premier or PAYG.
N/A

In this particular case, the Updated Vision, it was felt that it wasn't needed to inform everyone via email. There were several reasons behind this, and it was something covered at the customer forum.

Not everybody checks the forums & they shouldn't have to. Customers should be notifed formally of ALL changes that effect them. Other companies would send a letter out (or at the very least an e-mail) giving customers more than sufficient notice of future changes.

The main reason is that the majority of customers would see an improvement from the changes, and as such wouldn't need to be informed directly. They could just continue to use the service in the same way that they had been doing before, all be it at higher speeds for some of their applications. You've all seen the usage figures published by PUG that support this view. The other main reason is that it would cause a massive influx of calls and tickets to the CSC, from these light users, who aren't adversly affected by this, but who would still ask questions.

Really, more like rather than deal with extra calls you'd rather kill two birds with one stone & attempt to fluff up the other small minority of customers you keep harping on about by changing the goal posts yet again without formal notification. In a bid to disgruntle them with a cap for going over new limits you have imposed without giving them formal notification.

Your (PN) continuing attitude/actions are infuriating to say the least.

I've been paying £39.99 a month for the last three months & kept within my limits for each month but yet again I have been throttled on P2P without any reason as to why despite raising a ticket four days ago.

Before I changed my account to 8mb (for which I'm only receiving a 2mb service by the way so I am paying for usage rather than speed) I asked do you want my custom. So, after this recent event I ask again. Look at my usage over the past three months, tell me honestly if you can sustain my usage on the sum I am paying you. If you can't & are going to continue to carry out changes in policy & caps without formal notification in a bid to weed out more users then say so. I'll go elsewhere rather than waste my time & yours.

As I said in a previous thread, you don't care for the negative comments posted in your forums yet you continue to act in a cowboy mannor. If you can't sustain certain users inform them. Stop making changes here & there in the hopes that you'll annoy a few more customers you can't sustain so they'll leave. You really aren't doing yourselves any favours with that attitude. You want you customers to recommend you & stop knocking you then start treating them with respect & honesty.