cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I migrate out without paying an extortion amount?

N/A

I tried to request my MAC code on "contact us" and got this:

"I have cancelled the defered contract as requested but we would need to take a payment for the remaining 11 months of your annual contract before we can issue a MAC code. this charge would be £241.89. please let us know how you would like to proceed.
Regards"

I am not sure why you have removed my defered contract charge (58pounds) which wasn't what I asked eariler.

I signed up one year defered charge contract under the impression if I wish to cancal my account, I can but i would have to pay the 58pound activtion charge.

Another thing is since you have allowed new customers (which i am) to migrate out within 45 days of their service being active which I still am (I was activied on 5th August). Can't I migrate out for free? This garauntee can be found at http://www.plus.net/features/guarantee_terms_and_condtitions.shtml

Finally as a post you have made to adslguide.org.uk (http://adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2349). You clearly said on it if the customer doesn't like the new terms and condition they can request to terminate their contract by 16 September 2005 without penatly other then the 58pounds i have to pay.

So can you clear all these up for me please? How much do I have to pay to get my MAC code, £241.89 or £58.

Ticket: 17452646

Thank You
22 REPLIES
N/A

You should indeed only be paying £58

I would ask for second opinions on the amount.
N/A

<conspiracy> i wonder whether CS staff are really unable to produce consistent and accurate answers in situations such as these or whether they are trying it on </conspiracy>

Wink
Community Veteran

*cough* agents name *cough*

ctang1983, you did not post what what you actually asked for? How you ask things can sometimes lead to misunderstandings. So what did you actally ask to get that reply.

Did you actually state you wanted to leave under the 45 day 'PlusNet Guarantee' or just said you wanted a MAC code?
N/A

So can you clear all these up for me please? How much do I have to pay to get my MAC code, £241.89 or £58.

Thats what i asked. Please help me Cry
Community Veteran

You misunderstood what I asked...

That was after you got the reply you posted. What did you ask that generated the reply you posted. If the CS agent did not know you wanted to leave under the 45 day guarantee then they will have just quoted the standard costs for cancelling a 12 month contract thus the reply they gave was correct for your question.
N/A

If the CS agent did not know you wanted to leave under the 45 day guarantee then they will have just quoted the standard costs for cancelling a 12 month contract thus the reply they gave was correct for your question.

The problem is, a lot of the CS do not know what-is-what with PN policy, many of us have had incorrect information from them, then been faced with charges we did not expect after the call, this needs to addressed within PN CS !
N/A

1st ticket to PN

Me------------

Hello

Can you tell me my MAC code please?

Thanks

PN------------
We could give you your Mac Code but we would have to charge you £58.75 for the defered activation and also you are on a annual contract so this would need to be paid in full.

Please advise how you wish to proceed.

Hope this helps.

Regards

2nd ticket to PN

Me------------

In reply to the previous ticket. So if i cancel all i need to pay is the 58 pounds? Thats fine, can you give me my MAC code please.

Thank You

PN------------

I have cancelled the defered contract as requested but we would need to take a payment for the remaining 11 months of your annual contract before we can issue a MAC code. this charge would be £241.89. please let us know how you would like to proceed.
Regards

In reply to the previous ticket. So if i cancel all i need to pay is the 58 pounds? Thats fine, can you give me my MAC code please.

Thank You

Thats the story so far. You made it sound like PN is more interested in money and try to get every penny out of their customer because they don't know all the policies. Isn't it in the company's interest to inform the user when they cancel within 45 days they are entitled to the garauntee or the best deal for cancelling a user can take?
Community Veteran

My point is you have to be very specific and give all the information necessary for the CS agent to give you the correct reply. They are not mind readers and have to deal with hundreds of tickets per day.

Until we know what was actually asked for I don't know if the answer given by CS was correct for the question or not.

If the question was 'can I have a MAC code I want to migrate' the answer given would have been correct. If the question was 'I want a MAC code to migrate under the PlusNet 45 day Guarantee', the answer would have been wrong. You see what I'm getting at?

Note: the forum rules state you must not post CS agent names in forum posts.
N/A

If the question was 'can I have a MAC code I want to migrate' the answer given would have been correct. If the question was 'I want a MAC code to migrate under the PlusNet 45 day Guarantee', the answer would have been wrong. You see what I'm getting at?

In the perfect world yes, but they [Pusnet] gave me wrong information about migration charges, which in my opinion was out-of-order, how many others got wrong information then got sprung with an unexpected bill?

Note: the forum rules state you must not post CS agent names in forum posts.

Yes, I agree with this Peter.
Community Veteran

Isn't it in the company's interest to inform the user when they cancel within 45 days they are entitled to the garauntee or the best deal for cancelling a user can take?

I don't think CS staff are under any obligation to tell you you are entitled to leave under the guarantee, it is up to you to request it.

Just like when you want to cancel by objecting to the new terms and conditions. If you don't state in your ticket you want to leave due the the new T&C, then the reply you will get will be based on you cancelling under normal contract rules - i.e. you pay the remainder of your annual contract.

As I stated, you have to be clear why you want to leave and state the reasons or conditions under which you are leaving - PlusNet guarantee or change of T&C or something else. CS agents cannot guess why you want to leave.
N/A

Glad it all clear up now.

So which is the cheapest option for me?

Thanks
N/A

Thanks
N/A

Thanks
Community Veteran

Well, try asking in the ticket you are leaving under the PlusNet guarantee and you should then get the answer £58.75.