cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I log into my mail accounts away from home?

N/A

I am on a course for a week and want to check my mail! I am getting a message saying the IP address is not the one registered. :shock:
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

What account have you and have you signed up to the security package. We used to use that with our old Netstart Business account and it restricted access to the portal except for the IP addresses which were permitted from the control panel.

Just a thought.
N/A

Just a home broadband package with spam blocker

Hi Mark

I have a broadband self install home package and have signed up to some security package but can't get in to check which one! I don't think I restricted anything to one portal as far as I know.

Does that make a difference?

Carol
N/A

With the security package (havent used it in a while) we had to list the ip addys which were granted access to our account. If the IP wasnt on the list.........denied.

Sounds like that is your issue.

Either get someone with legit access to list the IP address of the connection you are using or maybe support could do somthing for you over the phone. Not sure about that one though.
N/A

O.K. Thanks Mark, I will have to decide if it is worth it or if I can wait until Friday!

Had enough tonight - off to crash out.

Thanks

Carol
N/A

Can't you just use the webmail client?
N/A

Hi I don't know what webmail client is, but when I tried logging in on webmail to my account nothing happened.

I am back home now but I would like to know for next time, if there is a next time!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Hi I don't know what webmail client is, but when I tried logging in on webmail to my account nothing happened.

I am back home now but I would like to know for next time, if there is a next time!

I think Mark is right on this one ant the VPI component of your security package was only set to allow access from your IP.

I have made some configuration changes to your account and I think you should be OK next time.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Thank you Bob. On the subject of IP addresses - If I get a new PC will I have a different IP address (or isn't that how it works), and will I be able to use both PCs on the account?
Community Veteran

Your IP is assigned by PN when you connect, therefore it will be the same. For example, when I connect on my main PC which is in for repair Evil it is the same IP as on this machine!
N/A

Thanks No7 - I am considering getting a newer PC, but my son is after this one! I have to decide if I really should get a better faster machine just to give him mine when it is still alright - but then it did struggle with photos recently. It is just over 3 years old now! (Then again why doesn't he buy his own - he just knows I am a soft touch or I would have kicked him out by now).

I was looking in Lidl and considering the one they have, but normally go for a well known brand with good reviews. I am not letting my son have the monitor though! Smiley