cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I access messages via WebMail ?

N/A

I'm new to PlusNet and, after a shaky start, I'm beginning to find my way around the site. However when I try to access my e-mails via WebMail there's only one message (from PN) in my Inbox. E-mails are arriving OK via the usual route but they don't seem viewable on WebMail. :?

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

There are a couple of reasons this may happen.

Firstly have you ensured that your email client leaves a copy of the messages on the server, in Outlook Express this can be found within the Account Settings area.

Secondly if you have more than one mailbox setup you need to ensure you are using the correct username to log on to these with. For example if you had a mailbox address called test then you would log in with a username of we2prings+test
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

If your email client is set-up to use POP3 then the default action when collecting mail is to download it to your local PC then delete the messages from the server. Webmail only looks at the server so if you have already connected using your email client there will be no messages to see.

Most mail clients have an option to keep the messages on the server. If you need to access mail both on your email client and via webmail then you need to set this in your email client so messages are not deleted when they are collected. You won't however see any sent mail from your email client as thay is never stored on the server, only in the sent items folder on your email client.

The other option is to setup your email client to use IMAP mode. This method just views your email on the server and it is never downloaded to your PC.
N/A

Many thanks for your quick replies Smiley

Both very good explanations and I can now see where I was going wrong :roll:

Thanks again Cheesy
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, shout up if you have any other questions.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

You might regret that offer, Chris ! Wink
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

*hides*
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team