cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why auto close a ticket regarding LLU disconnections

kreynolds
Grafter

I found that my ticket regarding LLU disconnection, 20135093, has been auto closed by the system.

As far as I'm concerned this matter is not closed.
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

How long since the last entry on the ticket?

PN appears to have an automated ticket closing script which in my case closed a ticket still waiting for CS reponse after 17 days of no activity.

I have raised this via PUG but have had no feedback why this is done.

[append]

When it was closed, the following was added to my ticket:

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 3:43pm, Monday 21st August 2006

** System Generated **
Your support query has been closed due to an extended period of inactivity. If you believe this to be in error please accept our apologies and re-raise your issue.

Was that what you had? If so, can you post the ticket number and I will pass it on for investigation.
N/A

Just noticed my LLU fault has been closed too!
Ticket 20178924 after 14 days of inactivity

Very poor for a fault to be closed automatically
Can mine please be re-opened and investigated
kreynolds
Grafter

Peter

Ticket ID 20135093 had had 14 days of inactivity before being automatically closed, this was because I was monitoring the connection in relation to the LLU disconnects. Also had this repsonse to the ticket raised about the closure:

Dear
Please continue to monitor and let us know of any further issues, I am closing this question back to you to remove it from our queue; it will close automatically in 14 days' time unless further actioned by you.

Regards,
Community Veteran

kreynolds,

That is not the same issue as I had seen and is an expected action as it was in your court and it will be closed, as stated, if no response is posted by you in the ticket within 14 days.

willandwayne,

Was your ticket in the same state as kreynolds in that it was passed back to you. In which case the same answer applies.

In both of your cases you needed to have replied with something to keep the ticket open. Once closed, tickets can't be re-opened, you have to open a new one and add the reference back to the closed one.

The problem I an querying PN on is a ticket still in CS hands which was closed automatically by a script and neither of yours appears to be the same issue.

If anyone else has seen a ticket with the text I posted earlier please post the no. here so I can pas it on.
N/A

This is my ticket (last few lines anyway)

CSC Agent 10:34pm, Tuesday 5th September 2006
Dear Mr Pyrah,
Our supplier has been working on this issue and is now advising that the problem should be resolved.

Please re-test the connection and get back in touch with further details if the problem persists. Particularly we need to confirm whether the DSL light flashes or goes off when then connection is lost

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 8:33am, Wednesday 6th September 2006
Still not fixed I'm afraid: http://www.l8nc.com/graph.php?jid=c7d5b6b3d30c1fd36aa083d00cf43fd1

Was disconnected a few times last night

As stated twice on this ticket ADSL light stays on at all times and only internet connection is lost, sometimes when trying to get back on it takes ages to authenticate giving errors when authenticating with your servers.

CSC Agent 3:55pm, Friday 8th September 2006
Dear Mr Pyrah,
Further to my colleague advise above, that the problem is now resolved, this information was provided after extensive monitoring showed that no connection drops occrued for a period of 24 hours.

This lengthy period without problems was a huge change compared to other days. Since that time though, it nhas become apparent that the problem is not resolved.

We have published information to those words on our service status.

At this time, we can only advise to monitor our service status tool, as when further updates are made available, we will publish them. You can signup for email updates at http://users.plus.net/status/email.php

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 6:03am, Saturday 23rd September 2006
Question closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity.

Community Veteran

Yep, thats the same situation as kreynolds and not the same as the issue I am querying with PN.

The 14 day non-reply from customer close has been in the ticket/question system for years.
N/A

What was I supposed to reply with "nice weather today" :-)
Can someone from Plusnet please re-enable this ticket
Liam
Grafter

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to re-open a closed ticket.

Please raise a new ticket making reference to the ticket number you've had closed.

This has been raised via the Usergroup and we are currently looking into it. It looks like there may be a bug in the ticket system, so hopefully is something that we should be able to get sorted pretty quickly.
Community Veteran

Liam, their close is perfectly normal and not related to the problem I raised.
N/A

20398895 opened as requested. faults.plus.net still thought the fault was active despite it being closed automatically
Liam
Grafter

Liam, their close is perfectly normal and not related to the problem I raised.

Quite right, sorry. But I do believe that there is a problem open regarding Open fault tickets closing without confirmation from BT / Tiscali.
rslsys
Grafter

Liam

I raised the autoclosure issue with Dave in a PM around 3 weeks ago.
He attributed it to a bug in the system.

Seems it is not as high a priority as you might wish . . .

Keith