Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are punters staying with +net

Metalguru
Grafter

We have a thread asking "Why are people leaving PN?"

In the interests of fairness and total integrity, I thought it only appropriate to offer those that are staying the chance to explain why.

I'll start it off .............

I'm staying with +net ..............................................

hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm .................................

Well

ahhhhhhhhhhh .......................................................

at least until I get my cable connection up and running (should be this coming Wednesday) Then I'll see how that compares with this one. Yer never know I may keep both going ............................ Then again I may not.

But I'll be here for a little while longer.
59 REPLIES
N/A

I'm staying because Bt are closed until Monday
Then Im moving on.....
N/A

I have never had a problem with them, my speeds have been good and I have always had a stable connection.

While I am not entirely happy with the way recent changes have been done, I am hoping that Plusnet will learn from their recent mistakes and communications will improve, that remains to be seen.

I am willing to wait for the dust to settle before making any hasty decisions and jumping ship.

Having said that, if I was unhappy I would not hesitate to change, but where else for £14.99 can I get an ISP that does all that I want at that price.

Smiley
craigbrass
Grafter

I'm staying because Bt are closed until Monday
Then Im moving on.....
LOL, gotta laugh at that. Atleast PN are open on saturday at 9:40 (the time now).

I am staying with PN because none of their policy changes really effect me!
N/A

Well I'm still here cos generally the service I get is quick, reliable and I don't (until they change the 'limits' again) exceed current figures banded about. However, the handling of T&C changes and customers is diabolical and +Net deserve to sink like a stone, a management shake up is needed as the present set-up couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery, talk about crisis management! I imagine every week they have a 'huddle' and are issued with the latest scripted responses to post to forum questions which are firmly attached to their monitors!
N/A

Years of impeccable internet service provision, fast replies to queries and requests, and excellent policies designed to maintain those things for their customers.

I can't fault 'em, really.
N/A

I have been with plusnet for 2 years come november without any real problems.

I don't like the constant changes in Terms and conditions but they really don't effect me in a big way so i will stay for the time being.

One thing is for sure though,plusnet are not the ISP i signed up to nearly 2 years ago Sad .
Cloudmaster
Grafter

I'm staying because I've always had a fast, reliable connection & have never needed to call CS
Metalguru
Grafter

Now we have some happy peeps here,
again in the interests of fairness,
can I point you in the direction of the :-
Are You Angry With +Net Poll

It needs your support.
Community Veteran

Because my connection does what I need of it and I'd miss these forums too much (I know i'm sad). Also the extras a good when they work, oh and because i'm a PAL, other PALs will know what I mean those who don't head to general chit chat ;-)
N/A

I am staying because I do not honestly see what all the fuss is about.

Whilst the changes do not directly affect me, it's my belief that they are fair and what I would expect.

With regards to the SUP, it's been pretty much no win for PlusNet. With one hand people ask PlusNet "what are the figures", and one published, the other hands gripes.

Again, the SUP doesn't directly affect me, but should I ever reach those levels, the actions are not unfair, especialy considering the costs to provide such levels.
N/A

I'm staying because we're now paying £12.49 for a 2mb connection, and the parents don't use P2P, and i'm off to uni.
N/A

youre reasons for staying acarr are respected and you should not have to put up with the crap that you sometimes do. But surely plusnet can see there is a lot of unrest on here and maybe at least try to allay some fears or do something to stop this unrest.

at the end of the day u r the "supermod" in beechparks eyes :-) keep up the good work!
N/A

lol - I seriously don't know what I did to get that award.

I don't know what PlusNet can do either to help reduce this unrest (I doubt they could ever rid it).

As touched in my message above, one of the things people asked for to settle one of the major questions, was what figures PlusNet considered excessive.

So what happens when the publish them?
The same few folk simply pick away at those figures.

So indeed, what action can PlusNet take for people, that will not cause said people to gripe about those actions?

Catch 22
N/A

yeh but if they hadnt put people in the sinbin straight after, and in fact then sent an email issuing the 1 st warning, people could have got their head around it.

strike 1 so to speak

they always seem to drop themselves in then consider the consequences afterwards.......

they could have saved so much unrest and contact us tickets