cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are loads of people thinking about leaveing?

N/A

Just becasue they have done this fair usage thing? i bet you that 99% of isp will have to do this at some point, there has never has been unlimited download on residental lines anyway, i do find it funny when people go well they capped me go to a different isp and 2 - 3 months down the line that isp puts a cap on aswell.

i am being silly or is this fair usage thing been taken way to serious?
28 REPLIES
N/A

Hi There

I do agree with your point as at the end of the day to offer an unlimited service is not sustainable for an ISP who wants to run long term, invest in a network, continue to bring new products to customers as soon as possible and offer good low cost adsl accounts.
N/A

Crikey, I remember the days of getting 'phone bills of several hundred pounds on a 14k modem!

I remember changing to Home Highway and paying £120 a quarter for it.

I remember paying £40 a month for 512k ADSL when it first came out, and paying £300 for it to be installed.

Several years on, I have the chance of getting a faster connection and paying the same as I was 4-5 years ago.

I wish all my other bills hadn't increased over that time, I would be well off by now Wink

We have very short memories.

Stephanie
N/A

Some people are thinking about leaving because they have been abusing the system for ages and are now upset that they will be able to no more.

I personally like the new fair use system, 30GB seems enough for what is supposed to be a consumer service to me, the extra bandwidth is very welcome.

I for one will be glad to see the 24/7 downloaders off the system, let them go, they probably cost Plus more than they pay anyway.

Anyone who whines about this new policy or complains that it is a con obviously has no idea what bandwidth REALLY costs.

In fact the only complaint I have is that the email and the linked page are both a bit vague, they refer a lot to 2Mb upgrades, but I see plusnet staff here saying that we will get free upgrades as far as 8Mb (assuming a capable line...mine isn't) Some clarification here would be appreciated.

I know the plusnet team seem to be getting flamed left right and centre by the noisy few, so just to let you guys and girls know.

I like the new policy
I will be staying
Thanks for the extra bandwidth (when it comes on line)
Overall you are doing a great job
N/A

I personally like the new fair use system, 30GB seems enough for what is supposed to be a consumer service to me, the extra bandwidth is very welcome.quote]

is the 30gb for all packages... i am on the home Premier 2mb?
N/A

People don't like change?

Especially old people Wink
N/A

I typically use know more than 10gb a month which i think is a fair old whack, I just don't understand what the 'moaning' heavy downloaders are doing with there connections and 'our' bandwidth.

How and what can you constantly download for 24/7 or even find 50 gb or more to download a month, what do you do with all that stuff, crazy!
N/A

especially when BT's cap is 500gb and they are doubling 1mb to 2mb for free and giving £3 off the bill for 3 months.. funny how BT's capped limit is 500gb and
plus.net so called UNLIMITED is now gonna be 50gb peak time 230gb off peak... who would sit up til 1am to start their downloads and get up at 8 to stop em? really? where was the customer research? And singling out those customers who are downloading large files all the time is really really bad.. ain't that what they pay to have unlimited for? what next... customer services in india?
N/A

:roll:
N/A

especially when BT's cap is 500gb and they are doubling 1mb to 2mb for free and giving £3 off the bill for 3 months.. funny how BT's capped limit is 500gb and
plus.net so called UNLIMITED is now gonna be 50gb peak time 230gb off peak... who would sit up til 1am to start their downloads and get up at 8 to stop em? really? where was the customer research? And singling out those customers who are downloading large files all the time is really really bad.. ain't that what they pay to have unlimited for? what next... customer services in india?

since when is bt cap 500GBHuh last time i check it was 30gb
N/A

Hi there,

According to some BT custoemrs on ADSL guide this 30GB cap is being reduced when they goto 2Mbps. I'm not sure if this is true but the 30Gb cap is clearly advertised in their T's&C's
N/A

I remember having a 56K line when the technology first appeared I I don't know what my usage was but I bet it was very small.

I then went to a 512adsl line and my usage shot up massively. I chose Plusnet however because of their promise of "unlimited" bandwidth. (their word, not mine).

As I enjoyed this connection so much, I upgraded to 1Mb adsl and again my usage shot up again hugely. So far no problems though because there is no cap in place at all.

Now, PN have just announced that my line is going to automatically upgrade to at least 4mb if not 8mb (in my case). What will happen to my usage I wonder? Anyone see a trend appearing here? With an 8mb line, I can start using some really good quality media streaming sites, of which there is sure to be an increase given the new speeds people will be able to get. My usage is gonna go massive very quickly and PN have positioned themselves so that they can financially benefit from this.

Currently, I don't think I could hit the limit if I tried. Give me a 4mb line and it becomes a distinct possibility. I could have signed up to another ISP and got a good level of service for a lower cost but I didn't. The reason I didn't is because I thought that PlusNet were a company who understood their customers needs and tried to accomodate them. It now looks like they've decided that increasing profit margins is more important.

That is one of the reasons why loads of people are thinking about leaving. When you enter into a contract with someone and you regularly pay them money, you expect them to uphold their end of the bargain.
Community Veteran

is the 30gb for all packages... i am on the home Premier 2mb?

No, the price you pay each month determins your fair usage allowance. 30GB is for those paying £21.99 (old 512K speed).

See http://www.plus.net/features/usage_guide.shtml at the bottom.
Community Veteran

According to some BT custoemrs on ADSL guide this 30GB cap is being reduced when they goto 2Mbps. I'm not sure if this is true but the 30Gb cap is clearly advertised in their T's&C's

The new cap for 2Mbs speeds is 15GB/month. i.e. the speed doubled and the cap halved.
channel
Grafter

Some people are thinking about leaving because they have been abusing the system for ages and are now upset that they will be able to no more.

That's the most true and rational statement I have read on these boards all evening. Well said that man.