cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I bothering - PN Tech - please help.

Slipperymack
Grafter

I have had a ticket open since 29/9 - ID: 20392514.

My speed dropped from 2500 - 3500 to 132 and my stable rate from 4000 to 500. So I raised the ticket. As a veteran of Max I went through all the checks before raising a ticket.

Could not use raise a fault through the fault system (there was a fault with it - how ironic is that) - so went the other root, got a reply asking the usual 16 questions etc etc. .

My BT stats at that point were -

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 152 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 5632 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 125 kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.

Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester"

Was advised that I needed to answer questions and submit 3 BT speed tests - but I had been proactive and had included these in my initial post.

So I submit all this data and awaiting a response - however what do I get in reply.

Dear Mr BROOKS,
Please try rebooting your connection over the next 3 days and see if the speed increases.

Regards,
(removed)

With no other explanantion at all.

My reply was -

Are you truly being serious? If my stable rate stays at 500 it will make hardly any difference at all. I reboot my router as a matter of course when this type of thing happens. Have you actually done anything or is that your one suggestion?

Sorry to be so blunt but rebooting the router is such a basic thing.

PN - Is this some kind of joke - anyone with a router will know that this is a basic thing to do with speed/sync issues.

It appears to me that the problem is either with PN of more probably with BT, as I have checked and double checked things at my end.

I have been thinking for a while and threatening to leave but if PN "support" cannot come up with any other than "reboot your router" with no other explanantion or offer of help then I am off. I may still have problems with my speed but at least I may get better service/CS with another ISP.

Mand/Dave/James etc. please help or advise what if anything is happening.

After 5 months of Max Madness either sort it out, put me back on my rock soild 2MB line or give me a MAC code.
6 REPLIES
Slipperymack
Grafter

Perhaps anyone at Customer support could comment.(if anyone is there - read somewhere that everyone was on holiday?)

Cannot access the web cam so can't tell!!!!
Community Veteran

Here 'malb1', take a look. There seem to be quite a lot of busy people there (not like when this link was first posted when there was a guy just swinging his chair round and back!):

http://kitz.co.uk/adsl/cams/PN_IH_CSCWebcams.htm
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Slipperymack
Grafter

Thanks sybilandbarry for webcam details.

However even though I have the Axis files etc. on my PC I get the message -

"Axis ActiveX Camera Control
The AXIS ActiveX Camera Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer."

Any ideas

NB: Have now had a CS reply -so posting both here and on PUG may have helped.
Slipperymack
Grafter

Have now got Axis ActiveX to work. And yes there are people in CS.
Slipperymack
Grafter

Since my posts here and also on PUG my speed has increased to 480 - which is the figure it should be around as my stable rate is 500. I hope that my stable rate continues to go up and back to what it usually is and therefore my speed increases too.

Is this co-incidence or has my minor bombardment today ended in somebody pushing the right buttons?

At least I have got a result, so far so good, + the bonus of watching PN CS play pinball, spin round in their chairs, scratch their heads (they do this a lot !!!) and feed the fish. (only joking).

However I suggest that PN management make CS staff wear big hats with their names on, like the signs above their desks, so we know who they are?

We could have them colour coded red for LLU, green for tickets, blue for calls (although best leave this blank, or put it above a big answer machine,as nobody actually answers), yellow for CSC faults, Violet for provisioning etc etc.

I am sure it would work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Community Veteran

Yes, I was wondering who was who. It would be nice to know!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls