cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being charged for a service you don't have?

N/A

when the big price drop for 2mb premier dipped from 39.99 to 21.99 i thought you would have automatically reduced the payments made by your subscribers,but you didnt,seems like a sensible enough idea doesnt it?.
so on browsing through your site i see that i could upgrade to 8mb broadband for the same price, so eager and excited i put in a ticket to be upgraded.
problem is,you dont supply 8mb broadband yet do you plusnet.
a fact easily enough rectified with a message on your upgrade policy,,or even a big "check if 8mb is available in your area" page on your website.
and even after id made the mistake of trusting the so called customer service of your company,i find that only one upgrade per month is allowed and im tied to a product that doesnt exist.
come on plusnet im already around 60 - 80 pounds out of pocket for your shabby ways in which you fail to reduce bills accordingly,get your act together with your customers and make them pay what is due and fair.

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Edited all CAPS title. Please avoid doing this.]
18 REPLIES
N/A

Why didn't you raise a ticket instead of posting this on the forum? They don't check the forums properly if it isn't anything positive about them.
N/A

Did they allow an upgrade to the 8MB @ £39.95 product to proceed?

Did you pay for this?

Tut tut if they did. Trading standards *cough*
N/A

i did raise a ticket,they aint replied to it.
and also yes,,they did let the 8mb upgrade go ahead.
both points are what have angered me the most.
if they dont read the negative points in the forums then theyre arrogance will finish them,cuz if they dont address problems the customers will,and leave them.
N/A

I'm afraid the PlusNet of old has long gone.
You have to be alert nowadays not to be caught out.
N/A

Re: WHY AM I BEING CHARGED FOR A SERVICE YOU DONT HAVE??????

so on browsing through your site i see that i could upgrade to 8mb broadband for the same price, so eager and excited i put in a ticket to be upgraded.
problem is,you dont supply 8mb broadband yet do you plusnet..

It seems that due to your excitement you missed the bit under the Product benifits that clearly state "Super-fast 4Mb and 8Mb speeds coming soon." which I take to me that they do not supply it NOW but intend to in the future.
N/A

Assuming you get to the forum AND find the right sticky (this one: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28885) AND plough through it right to the bottom, you will find all the new product and pricing information that PlusNet don't really want you to know about.

Simon
LiamM
Grafter

This issue has been discussed at great length over many months.

I also disagree with it, but apparently Plusnet are well within their legal rights. In the same way that you have to be up to speed with the latest offers on Pensions, Investments, Morgages, Bank Accounts, Credit Cards etc.... you now apparently have to keep your eyes on Plusnet to enjoy the best prices.

Fortunately, as a Moderator, I am a regular forum user and heard all about the changes as they happened. I was paying £39.99/month and managed to downgrade to £21.99 as soon as I was allowed. But I am sure tens of thousands of customers are still being caught out.
N/A

It seems that due to your excitement you missed the bit under the Product benifits that clearly state "Super-fast 4Mb and 8Mb speeds coming soon." which I take to me that they do not supply it NOW but intend to in the future

it doent say that on their upgrade page pal,and even if it did,plusnet aint that stupid as to warn you,infact it seems as if theyre lulling people into a package that doesnt even exist yet.
shocking tactics from a so called reputable company.
i dont scan the news so much on plusnet,infact i subscibed to a worry free broadband package,,,,seems i was wrong,how hard was it to notify customers that were on the 2 mb package thetre bill was bein reduced,and people wanting the 8mb wasnt availableHuh
N/A

Oh but you didn't hear did you? Apparently they emailed all customers to make this clear "but unfortunately all the emails didn't make it and some customers will never receive it as it costs us too much time and money to send the email out again"

...next month expect to receive your regular monthly "we have taken your cash" email when they charge you for their service - oh it must be so hard to do.

This is PN now, a very deceitful company,
Community Veteran

Just a thought, why can't the mass mailing feature within phpbb be used? that wouldn't take to long...
N/A

There are loads of ways PN could get the message to existing customers, the fact is they dont want them to know.
N/A

Well, put it this way. If there were to be a price rise PN would be obliged to inform everyone prior to this. The fact is they are doing no wrong by not doing so in this price reduction (legally). Think of the drop in proffits if they did tell those many many people.

So, why would they?
N/A

Lets not start this debate again.
N/A

OK