cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I left PlusNet.

N/A

Why I left PlusNet.

I have left PlusNet and migrated to Zen Broadband. I originally signed up to Broadband Plus about a month ago. I got annoyed with the Traffic Shaping on downloads and upgraded to Premier. I always had problems with my connection dropping and then they brought in the new T&C's.

I have found PlusNet's customer service appalling but this is to do with the managers who decide policies. I have had nothing but good service off of the people manning the phones and tickets. They are obviously being bombarded from management and customers and are doing a sterling job.

I think the management of PlusNet need to decide quickly where they are taking the company. The service is unsustainable at the moment. They need to decide on cheap broadband or quality broadband, you can't please all the people all the time. I now have a reliable connection on Zen and no traffic shaping. I had to pay the £58.75 "Free Connection" deferred activation fee before I got my MAC. I am annoyed at this as it is not very clear when you sign up. I am now happy with my connection and service. I hope that everyone else is happy with their connection or are in the process of sorting it out. Sorry it's a long post but I just wanted to get some thing's off my chest.
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Why I left PlusNet.

Nah, thats not a long post. Everything there makes sense to me and it is avery constructive so plus where are you going?
N/A

Why I left PlusNet.

Err, Zen Broadband Smiley Shockedops:
Community Veteran

Why I left PlusNet.

They've got a good reputation - my question was actually to plusnet as in where are you taking the business ;-)
N/A

Why I left PlusNet.

Doh! I'm sorry Shockedops: Shockedops: . I'm not really thick, it just takes a lot of hard work.
Stef
Grafter

Re: Why I left PlusNet.

I think the management of PlusNet need to decide quickly where they are taking the company. The service is unsustainable at the moment. They need to decide on cheap broadband or quality broadband, you can't please all the people all the time.

I agree that they can't please everybody so you have moved... good luck...

However I am sure they can provide a competitive & reliable service to the large RUMP of broadband users

ie those that use predominantly HTML/email/voip/gaming etc with moderate downloading...
N/A

Why I left PlusNet.

but gamers are also feeling the effects of the service and shapping everyone i seen on this forum complaiing about pings my ping has increased by a min of 20 and a max of around 60 which i see as very bad
N/A

Why I left PlusNet.

I agree, they can provide a good service to those with moderate use. I joined them as they had a good price and no limits. I have found out to my cost that this is not strictly true. I think they need to decide soon what the direction they are going to take. They need to change their advertising to make sure people are aware what the service actually means. £14.99 for high speed access is great if you use it as you suggest. You get what you pay for at the end of the day I am happy paying £29.99 a month as I know it is an unlimited account. I just wonder what will happen when they get loads of people on 8Mbs connections.
N/A

Why I left PlusNet.

I just wanted to add my 2 pence worth and say I have had no problems with Plusnet at all and have always found their customer service to be 2nd to none.
Community Veteran

Why I left PlusNet.

welcome, glad you think PN's good, just a word of warning you might want to duck before the unhappy users find you :razz:
Pathfinder
Grafter

Re: Why I left PlusNet.

I have left PlusNet

I don't care. :twisted:
N/A

Why I left PlusNet.

I've left Plusnet, but I am not happy about it.

I think the staff who post on here and adslguide (DTomlinson & BBrown) do an excellent job, and should get a share in the profit from sign ups because I am sure they are responsible for a lot of them Smiley

I've reffered two people to PN since I've been here and I will refer people in the future who I feel fit the direction plusnet are heading in, i.e. low cost broadband.

However although I am not a heavy user, I am willing to pay more to have a clean connection, maybe I'm a little "anal" but I don't like the idea of having my traffic shaped by someone else. I have a linux box that does QoS shaping so when my wife is ebaying, she is not is not slowing me down killing people in online gaming Smiley

The difference is that I want to control the shaping, but I know plenty of people who will be more than happy with PN if I refer them here. I just won't get the discount of my ADSL subscription anymore Sad
suec45
Grafter

Why I left PlusNet.

but gamers are also feeling the effects of the service and shapping everyone i seen on this forum complaiing about pings my ping has increased by a min of 20 and a max of around 60 which i see as very bad

Traffic shaping should benefit gamers, what game are you trying to play?
Community Veteran

Why I left PlusNet.

I've removed several posts from this thread. Please keep threads on topic and avoid hijacking them.

Chris