cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who will pay my phone bill......................

chrisco
Grafter

Not Plusnet I suppose even though I had waited for support to answer for 53 mins (without success I might add) as I have been unable to connect since tea time. Curiously whilst hanging on I tried to connect for the umpteenth time & here I am. A few pointers you might care to consider Plusnet management:

1. If as you say you constantly monitor calls to ensure sufficient staffing levels, why is there never enough staff to answer the damn calls. Keeping your paying customers hanging on for best part of a hour just isn't acceptable.

2. If there is a problem why can't you just make an announcement just so we know where we are. If you did that there would be no need for those customers with known problems to keep holding on thereby reducing the number of calls waiting to be answered - see, simple isn't it.

3. Finally, are there any real ISPs in existence who can deliver what customers pay for, I for one am fed up to the back teeth with email, connection & slow portal problems, never mind MaxDSL I'd be happy with a reliable 2mb service. Evil

Thankyou & goodnight
23 REPLIES
N/A

Are you signed up to the usertools service status system

Also, Plusnet did make an announcment about low staffing levels and higher call and ticket waiting times 1 or 2 weeks ago.

If you have a connection issue perhaps we can help you if you post more specifics
to your problem.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Are you signed up to the usertools service status system

Errr..... Not a lot of help when his problem is that he can't get a connection!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It's a bit odd when you have an ISP offering free VOIP PlusTalk user to PlusTalk user when they won't allow you to call them using that method. OK it won't cut the waiting time but at least it won't cost you anything.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Errr..... Not a lot of help when his problem is that he can't get a connection! - Sorry!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrisco
Grafter

Elvin wrote: Errr..... Not a lot of help when his problem is that he can't get a connection!

She actually Tongue ! Precisely my thoughts. I have no idea why I wasn't able to connect, given my modem was working ok, that's why I was ringing support.
I said in my previous post that an announcement could be made, by that I meant when the support phone number answers an announcement could be easily made , not much use to make an announcement in service stats or to be signed up to user tools service status system as although I have hotmail & Yahoo email addresses as well as PN if you can't connect emails go up the Swanie also. This is just the point I'm making if you are relying on phone support to be kept waiting best part of an hour & then still no answer is just an insult, (would it have any thing to do with the fact that as a Lo Call number PN are getting a rake off?).
Am I alone in my views, does anybody out there mind having to hang on for so long?

Finally, would you care to comment PN, why do you have unacceptably slow telephone responses, or don't you give a stuff?
N/A

I tried to call at 11:00am and was told there was a 35min wait - that is disgusting and another reason upon all the other reasons why I have today requested my MAC key via the 'Contact Us' option. I'm off to Zen - I did consider Nildram but Zen have won out. I've been here at PlusNet for a good few years now and I'm not someone who swaps and switches at the drop of a hat. But PlusNet definitely get the thumbs down from me I'm afraid. I hope it all works out for you all and best wishes.
N/A

after waiting for the last 20 mins on the phone i just got cut-off - its an absolute disgrace - the telephone support is appaling and although i have never considered moving its getting to the point where enough is enough.

support is very important what on earth are they doing at the moment it just seems to get worse day-by-day.

pn you should be ashamed of the support you provide it is not even third-rate.
N/A

I hesitate to stick my oar in, as an ex-Plusnet user, but one facility other ISP's sometimes offer is a "ringback" facility, so that if the CSC is busy they can call the user back once the immediate rush is cleared. It might be a good idea if Plusnet were to offer this facility.
N/A

Errr..... Not a lot of help when his problem is that he can't get a connection!

Excellent point.

I must have read the origional post wrong as I assumed he meant announcment email and other issues through service emails.

Although ringing CS and having problems relayed through a call waiting system would be excellent.
chrisco
Grafter

Plusnet, could you please respond over these speed of answer issues with CSC, what plans are there, if any, to reduce waiting times :?:
JonathanW
Grafter

To address some of the points in your initial post:

1) We do monitor staffing levels to ensure that we have appropriate coverage. However, it takes several weeks from identifying a staffing shortfall and being able to actually bring the new agents onto the phones and have them start answering calls. This is something that is constantly reviewed and acted upon. Though at the moment we're not short staffed in the CSC at the moment, its just that the way we're receiving calls means that the wait can be longer than we would like at times.

2) If we do have a service wide problem then the phone message will be amended to let customers who are calling in know about this. This is in addition to it being posted via service status.

At heart we're a netcentric company, and where possible we'd like customers to take advantage of this and use the support tools available on the portal, firstly the support documentation and then if there are still unanswered questions the contact us system. Though if you don't have a connection and can't get online, we're always availalbbe 24/7 via the 0845 number.

Some of our newer customers occasionally want someone with experience to hand-hold them whilst dealing with some of the longer problems or consultancy on complex issues. At the end of the day, we don't want people to have to call us to deal with anything and everything should be possible via the portal.
Snarf
Grafter

its just that the way we're receiving calls means that the wait can be longer than we would like at times.

What, via a phone? Smiley

Support statistics don't seem to have changed much recently, however the average time to answer is going up and up. Either there aren't enough staff to answer the calls, or there is a serious problem at the moment meaning alot more people are calling (not backed up by the statistics however). Is this all down to the LLU? Or the problems gamers are having with high pings and latency? Who knows, one thing's for sure, the info isn't coming out of PN readily...
chrisco
Grafter

At heart we're a netcentric company, and where possible we'd like customers to take advantage of this and use the support tools available on the portal, firstly the support documentation and then if there are still unanswered questions the contact us system. Though if you don't have a connection and can't get online, we're always availalbbe 24/7 via the 0845 number.

Some of our newer customers occasionally want someone with experience to hand-hold them whilst dealing with some of the longer problems or consultancy on complex issues. At the end of the day, we don't want people to have to call us to deal with anything and everything should be possible via the portal.

Thanks for your response Jon, not quite what I wanted to hear as we still don't know what PN are going to do to solve this problem of slow speed of answer. We know CS is available 27/7, or so wer'e told, no good though if you can't get through. I realise some new customers need the extra support from time to time & I for one don't have a problem with that. Overall I think your reply is extremely cynical to say the least, sorry if I need to contact you by phone because I can't get a connection, everything should be possible via the portal but it isn't purely for that reason. I work in a service industry & I know if I kept customers holding on for best part of an hour to answer their queries my boss would soon find a suitable replacement for me.
Reading the many posts from your disgruntled customers I'm not in the least surprised they are leaving in droves, you say you are a netcentric (in which dictionary would I find that?) company, I would say eccentric, lacking people skills & lastly, arrogant & shortsighted.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Though the word doesn't exist in any dictionary I've ever read, by "netcentric" he means internet based.