cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who thinks PN have gone from the best to the worst ISP?

N/A

Once they were great, nowHuh?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I've voted no, in my opinion you can't get much worse tha AOL or NTL *shudders* plus are far from what they once were, but they are not the worst ISP either.
N/A

I thought Plusnet were a good deal for £22 when I signed up in May but were never top of the tree.

Ive since changed my mind, I'd rather pay more for something I can use when I want. and at the speed sold to me.

Used loads of dial up companies since 33.3 Kbit days and NTL were the best I had. So based on that I'll rate them better than Plusnet, at least it did what it said on the tin. Cheesy Cheesy
simonh
Grafter

I wouldn't say they are now the worst, but they sure are on a great big slide covered in margerine. Weeeeeee!!!
N/A

I'm pretty sure that 12 months ago they were the best, but now they are far from it. I wouldn't go anywhere near as far as calling them the worst, but they have really gone down in my estimation.
ceridwen
Grafter

At the beginning of the year during all the long heated FUP debates, this sort of pro/con PN poll would often result in 33% negative votes (i.e. 33% being unhappy with PN) and 66% positve votes (i.e. 66% being happy with PN).

Recent polls of this ilk have resulted in 50% postive, 50% negative.

Interpretation of the actual values is always dubious since the number of voters is small compared to the overall customer base.

However, the trend that fewer are happy with PN now than 6 months ago, is indicative that PN's constant annoucement of changes very 4-8 weeks (combined with bad PR activities such as kicking off customers for forum postings, raising unrealistic expectations for speed upgrades, misleading wording on website etc.) is having a detrimental effect on their reputation.

Matthew
N/A

Although I'm very new to Plusnet I thought that they were fantastic to start with .. as of today I'm not particularly impressed. Yes I did recieve a warning letter and I understand why and I will stay within the "new" limits but I cannot understand why my connection has died three times this evening and that according to the ADSL speed test I'm gettinng this -

Downstream 1878 Kbps (234.8 KB/sec) 2028 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 56 Kbps (7.0 KB/sec) 60 Kbps (inc. overheads)

My online gaming is impossible (loss and choke), streaming radio keeps reconnecting and even web browsing is suffering with slow loading sites.

I am generally a patient person and have had more diconnections with Plusnet and ping spikes or poor online gaming performance than when I was with BT.

I raised a ticket 4 hours ago and have yet to get a response. But tbh I doubt anything will be done ... afterall I'm one of the evil few that are apparently screwing up everyone elses connection (eveing though I was as careful as I could be to make sure that as much of the downloading I needed to do was "off peak".