cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's working Easter Sunday?

Lorian
Grafter

As my (and lots of other folks) billing date this month is on Sunday (Easter) can plusnet confirm that MAXdsl orders will be raised on Sunday?
22 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

i doubt the bt side will be there over easter break, i dont even think they work weekends.......
Lorian
Grafter

I don't expect BT to do anything on Sunday, I'd just like to know plusnet are adding orders to the queue on eCO.
craign
Grafter

i would have expected 4 days of emergency fault repair only - it's a long weekend
Lorian
Grafter

i would have expected 4 days of emergency fault repair only - it's a long weekend

Like I said I'm not asking what BT are up to.
craign
Grafter

sorry - i should have read more closely. I assume that either an automated process runs and emails BT.. or a wheel is turned and a mortal sends the names. Unfortunately if they are not in til Tuesday it's a bit late to ask now. Smiley

Does it really make much difference though? According to the latest status update...

"In order to upgrade you to MaxDSL we have to place an order with BT (as do all other ISPs).. We select customers based on those who are due to be billed each day. Then out of these customers we select those who have had a service with us for the longest period of time. An order for an upgrade is then placed with BT" and

"Unfortunately since starting the speed upgrade process, BT have had a number of difficulties in processing orders "

so does a couple of day's wait 'to join the queue' make much difference?

The big question is what happens to those customers who are not part of the selected group that day... I guess they fall into the

"This free upgrade process will take several months to complete for everyone as with any upgrade of this size"
Community Veteran

well my billing date will be on the 1st of May (Bank holiday ) so I'm well and truly scuppered. Cry
N/A

Re: Who's working Easter Sunday?

confirm that MAXdsl orders will be raised on Sunday?

I am also supposebly being switched on Sunday to the Business Broadband 8MB Package.

Although I thought even if you are switched it doesnt mean they will be ordering the MaxDSL for you on the same day, month or even this year lol?
Lorian
Grafter

so does a couple of day's wait 'to join the queue' make much difference?

If I miss this month's date then I have to wait another month for my next "day of hope", not a couple of days.
Mand
Grafter

Morning guys Smiley

The product refresh runs on a script so that will go ahead regardless of what day it is. The accounts are then placed into a pool and sorted by date joined, where the longest standing customers take priority for the regrade. Therefore the day of the week does not matter. Smiley
Lorian
Grafter

Mand,

thanks for the reply.

I guess what I'd like (and lots of others!) is just a clue when we might be upgraded. I guess it wouldn't take much work to write a query that returned if a specific user was in the queue, and at what position?
Mand
Grafter

We are hoping to get some sort of regrade schedule out, ie customers joining between x date and x date have been upgraded and customers between x date and x date are next.

However this isn't likely to happen until the end of the month now with the current BT situation Sad

I want 8MB too waaaah!

Smiley
Lorian
Grafter

Heh, I wouldn't mind 2mb.

There is quite a big mis-match between customer expectations and the reality of these upgrades.
N/A

There is quite a big mis-match between customer expectations and the reality of these upgrades.

Indeed there is. PlusNet's marketing and communications haven't exactly helped to clarify things though.
Mand
Grafter

We are aware that expectations were not set correctly and we have apologised for this guys, we have also implemented new procedures for future announcements to prevent this happening in future.

Unfortunately things have changed quite regularly with this upgrade project and in my case certainly in my enthusiasm to get info out it has not been communicated as clearly as I or you would have liked.

That said yesterdays announcement should have cleared things up considerably and we will have more information for you soon.