cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who moved the tutorials?

Alecto
Grafter

Who moved the tutorials?

I'm sure there was a guide to using newsgroups somewhere on here, but while I was decorating the cats, somebody seems to have taken all the tutorials off.
A search on the forums hasn't helped, so can some kind soul pse tell me where to look? Wink
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Who moved the tutorials?

The moderators did that, they even sacked all the members of the tutorial team!

The tutorials are still available on the usertools site;
http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/

But I can not see one on using newsgroups.

Or are you looking for this page;
http://www.plus.net..<snip>..newsgroups_guide.shtml

Chilly
Alecto
Grafter

Who moved the tutorials?

Thanks chilly - I wonder why they moved them?
No the one I thought I had looked at isn't there, and it's not the Pn one you refer to.

So either they didn't move it across, or it wasn't there and my memory is playing tricks on me.

Not to worry, I'll try google.

So there's no tutorial team either? I thought the tutorial team member tag was useful, and separated those in the know from cat-emulsioners like me. But then, what do I know? :roll:

ps Just found a guide on filesharingtalk which might do the job.
Community Veteran

Who moved the tutorials?

The tutorials where taken off the forums about 3 months ago, this was annoucened and a holding forum was up for a while pointing to the tutorials on usertools.

This was done for a multitude of reasons, the main ones being its easier to administrate them from one place and the amount of views to tutorials over there outweighs the ones on the forums by about 10 fold.

The tutorials members certainly wern't sacked. As the tutorials aren't part of the forums anymore we changed the team members ranks to either bright spark or usergroup member as these ranks superceed the old tutorials rank anyway. As far as I know the tutorials guys still work on thier tutorials and keep them updated.

Chris
Community Veteran

Who moved the tutorials?

Hi Chris

Is it not possible to keep the title or an amended version for the tutorial team?
It was good to know who to thank/go and mither for more info regarding the tuts!
Maybe a linked title would serve well! IE Usertools Tutorial team
It would give them back some deserved kudos imo.
I know they are "signed" as it were at the end of the tuts, but the connection to the actual peeps on here is lost to an extent.

Thanks.
Community Veteran

Who moved the tutorials?

We did suggest they (the tutorials team) altered thier signatures to include links to the tutorials if they like. The special ranks - the titles on the right hand side such as Bright Spark, Usergroup Member or Moderator can't include hyperlinks though.

The forum specific FAQs are all in need of a revamp, when this eventually happens they will mention the move of the tutorials, although these are linked from a variery of places, including various posts in these forums, they are used by PlusNet support for helping customers and there are links from the support section of the portal.
Community Veteran

Who moved the tutorials?

Ok m8.
Community Veteran

Who moved the tutorials?

The tutorials members certainly wern't sacked.

Well that what it felt like to us.
Then again for dereliction of duty we may well have deserved it.

Keeping the “Tutorial team” title would not have caused any problems, and may have encouraged new members.

There are a lot of reasons why the tutorial team have been silent over the past few months, personally the changes to the cgi server, along with workload and personal projects have prevented me from contributing. But the loss of special rank does not provide encouragement.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Who moved the tutorials?

Chilly, This was all open for discussion with you guys for nearly 2 months before the changes took place.

It seemed pointless to have a rank for only 3 people when the usertools and brightspark ranks show the forum community what a poster is like much better. As the tutorials aren't hosted here there is no need for a special rank specfically mentioning the forums on here.

I'm open for suggestions (and Im sure the other moderators are too) on ways we can increase the profile of the tutorials from the forums and anywhere else for that matter. Afterall I wrote some of the content myself.

Chris
Alecto
Grafter

Who moved the tutorials?

All I asked was where the tutorials had gone. :roll:
Community Veteran

Who moved the tutorials?

Geoff this is PlusNet land...