cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is messing with my usage counter?!!!!

Sandro
Grafter

OK.
I checked my usage counter and on Sept 23rd it was showing 98 GB. I had to stop our heavy downloading until the next paying month - September 23rd is the end of month on my account.
September 24th the counter was reset to zero (I have checked it) and my son sheduled very heavy downloading for the nigh. I checked it yesterday evening and i was showing something close to 5 Gb for this month.

Now today, I, being a bit paranoid with checking the usage, looked at the counter and it WAS RESET back again to the previous month usage WHERE THIS MONTH USAGE WAS INCLUDED ........ So accourding PlusNet rules I have vilolated there 2 moths over 100 GB and subject to persecutions.
I find it outrageous even it is a glitch with your system - it should not have happened.

I would appreciate PlusNet resetting my counter to where it was.
I also wouldn't mind an apology.

I assume it is done not on purpose....

Here how it was when we checked it using it the last month. The checking was done after some hours off the net - so it was up-to-dated level. And it was not used untill it was reset to zero. As you can see it is not over 100 GB. In the midnight it was reset to zero as new month started.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Usage problems are not going to go away.
P2P and Usenet are now throttled no matter what your usage.

Stay cool, request your MAC and take your money elsewhere. That's the best message to send this company.
N/A

demand PlusNet to reset my counter to where it was.
I also demand an apology.

I assume it is done not on purpose....

If its an error thats not human related and even so demanding an apology seems a bit strong , don't you think ? Would it be best served to speak in a less threatening manner and attitude and maybe it may be resolved amicably ?
Sandro
Grafter

jsp21c this is not a problem with usage, it is a problem with the system software which looks after the usage as well as with the counter display.

I have no problem with my usage as such - I could have easily limited my usage to 50 Gb in the past months provided PlusNet supplied me with a clear guidance on limits. ( I was assuming that it was around 150 Gb a month from the local chit-chat)
Sandro
Grafter

Would it be best served to speak in a less threatening manner and attitude and maybe it may be resolved amicably ?

You are reading my mind. If you notice I have changed some words myself realizing that it would upset some folks. It have wrote all this on the spar of the moment when I was very upset.
Sorry, I am not English..
Sandro
Grafter

The problem is that I do need to transfer another 500 mb as soon as possible but can't due to this funny counter reading. Sad
Ommin
Grafter

I am on 2Mb with 3GB bandwidth and my billing period runs from 15th of the month to the 14th of the following month. I checked my usage on 13th and 14th of September at which time I was well within my 3GB usage quota.

I have just checked the VMU and my usage for August/September is showing as 3.01GB.

What is interesting is that my new billing period is showing as 18 September to 17 October instead of 15 September to 14 October, so it would appear that the bandwidth I used on 15, 16 and 17 September has been added to my billing period of 15 August to 14 September.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've PM'd you an explaination of what haas caused this.
Sandro
Grafter

Thanks for the quick reply, explanation, solution and apology, Ben.
Sorry for the post in the forum, it should have been done via a ticket, but I was a bit upset Sad
My apology if I sounded rude.
Ommin
Grafter

I've PM'd you an explaination of what haas caused this.

I posted at exactly the same time as your above post and as I have not received an e-mail I am assuming your reply was to russica.

Will my billing period remain as it is now ( from 18/17 of the month ) or will it revert back to its original period ( from 15/14 of the month )?

Regards

Hugh