cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is leaving plusnet then?

N/A

I am leaving in the next couple of weeks.
Just a bit curious how many of us are leaving and who will be going to f2s?

seems to be the popular choice at the moment.
56 REPLIES
N/A

I requested my MAC at the start of the month. Will be moving to Zen on their Home 500 package with 8 IPs priced at £24.99 a month. It would appear that my line can only support a half meg service which means the same package with F2S would be £29.99 pm. Whilst I am sure F2S are good (and I've heard lots of good things about them both on ADSLGuide and from friends), in this particular case, for me at least, Zen is the better option.

I don't really have anything else to say regarding PlusNet - everyone else is doing that on my behalf if you look around the threads on these forums. I've noticed surfing has slowed since I joined as a customer a year ago and even mp3 music streams sometimes break up too. Can't wait to migrate!

Good luck with your migration!
N/A

Re: Who is leaving plusnet then?

I think theres a pattern here , people left pipex to go to plusnet and all those heavy users from pipex swamped plusnet and plusnet acted and now people are leaving them for F2S . I feel in time the same thing may happen there too , abet handled a bit better no doubt .
N/A

You don't have to be a heavy user to leave.
Everyone downloading at peak times is suffering here.
We are not getting the service we are expecting.
Maybe cheap but definitely crap.
N/A

Re: Who is leaving plusnet then?

I think theres a pattern here , people left pipex to go to plusnet and all those heavy users from pipex swamped plusnet and plusnet acted and now people are leaving them for F2S . I feel in time the same thing may happen there too , abet handled a bit better no doubt .

i had 2 accounts with plusnot and between the 2 probably didnt achieve 20gb a month, it not the quantity - its the quality - ask my wife :-)
N/A

I transferred to PlusNet a few days ago from F2S. This policy sucks serious arse. I'm going back to F2S, a service provider where "uncapped" means "you can download lots of stuff without any problems" rather than "if you use it a lot, we pull your bandwidth down to dialup levels".

What a retarded service. I'm not resting until Roget's Thesaurus starts listing "PlusNet" as a synonym for "retarded". Only then will the lexicology match the reality.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

You don't have to be a heavy user to leave.
Everyone downloading at peak times is suffering here.
We are not getting the service we are expecting.

Why are everyone suffering. The majority of customers do not use anywhere near 30GB full stop never mind just at peak hours. In fact, because of the near 200Mbps of capacity that we've freed up during peak hours because of this exercise the majority should actually see an improvement.
N/A

and when the rest of us leave you can our space as well.

don't take it out on DT and the boys in CS they have to defend the indefencable

ps DT you aint said u love us yet :-)

FEEL DA LOVE
N/A

i am leaving

i just got a ticket saying that my SUP has been removed nd i will be monitored for 7 days?why will i be monitered if i am leaving.
N/A

I'll be leaving soon, and this is only mt 2nd day as a customer.

Will request MAC key as soon as I can afford the deferred activation costs.
N/A

If people don't normally download then of course they will notice an improvement with web browsing but if people are downloading and are used to downloading they are not going to get the speeds that they have been used to.
What is the point in having a 2meg line if you can't use it properly.
N/A

Im trying to leave but they wanna charge me £46+vat for an order that dont exist. Im seeking legal advice tomorrow about the legality of the way they are charging me and will be posting my answers. Watchdog will be notified as well as trading standards.
Its so easy to sign up here, but its like mission impossible to leave
N/A

Many, including me, will watch your progress with great interest
N/A

hopefully all i have to pay is the £15 migration fee.as i am only on monthly contracts and declined new T&Cs.
N/A

Watchdog, Advertising Standards Authority, the newb ADSL sites and magazines, Internet magazines, personal testimonials, blogs. Spread the word about how plus.net commercially redefine the word "uncapped".