cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else is offering DSL Max?

N/A

With the hassle that +net seem to be having with properly implementing MaxDSL, are there any other forum users who know if any other ISPs are currently offering Max as a service?

Just interested to know as I can no longer be b*gg*red waiting for a mythical upgrade which will fail to materialize.

Thanks chaps and chapinas.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Bob,

There are quite a few offering Max at the moment, though most, if not all are experiencing the same issues.

A quick browse of Adsl Guide will probably be your best source of info right now. Wink
Brickinit
Grafter

i wouldn't be too hasty at pushing for your maxdsl i have had it for more than 2 months now, and it has been at best patchy. from a max of 6MB, whilst going through the 10 day stage, down to as low as 244 kbps. seems to be holding steady at about 2.5 MB for the last week but not going to hold my breath as we are due thunderstorms down here in the next 24 hours.
one of the main problem seems to be that if you disconnect for any length of time you have to resync with BT which means reconnecting each day for at least 3 days. i recently upgraded some of my telephone sockets and had a hell of a job getting the speed back up. this is not unique to +net so i doubt jumping ship at the moment will be of much help
mrchalk
Grafter

Yip, if anyone can post a suitable provider that would be great. Im moving house in a month or so, & at the minute i dont think ill stick with Plusnet. Happy overall but just peeved off ive not got max - and i want it!
N/A

Mr Chalk

If you cancel your account when you move and open a new account with PN you will be automatically Maxed as a new customer despite the moratorium on conversion of existing customers.

Mind you I'd think twice about it until BT have got the bugs ironed out. I don't think you will necessarily be better off with another ISP on max. Then again, what do I know?
N/A

The irony is that BT are the best to go to currently. I wonder if they are messing with things to force this? Doubt it but it makes you think! Max off until they sort it i say!
GersFans
Grafter

Happy overall but just peeved off ive not got max - and i want it!

Be thankfull you haven't been max'ed..
N/A

mcgod

Funny you should say that about BT, but I've noticed that they seem to be turning in better speeds than most on DSLzone tester :!:

Could be coincidental, or maybe they haven't passed on fixes to other ISP's yet :shock:

Then again perhaps they're actually testing things thoroughly before letting them loose Wink
mrchalk
Grafter

Mr Chalk

If you cancel your account when you move and open a new account with PN you will be automatically Maxed as a new customer

Well thats what i thought, but not accoring to shellsong on this post:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44993
(fourth post on page 2, in reference to the 3rd post)

Thanks for all your replys guys! Smiley
N/A

I think shellsong was replying to elfkin's post regarding a house move, not strictly the same as an account cancellation and then applying for a new account.

If I understand things, when you sign up for a NEW account there's a tick box you have to select to request your line to be "maxed", otherwise I think you get 2Mbps and won't be upgraded until the bulk process starts again.

There was a post by one of the CSC reps recently but I can't find it at the moment.
N/A

When I signed up, I was not given the option of having 2Mb or Max.. I just got maxxed.
N/A

Found it, perhaps it's a new option they've just added, see Dave T's post here http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45018 although the account was a migration....
mrchalk
Grafter

I think shellsong was replying to elfkin's post regarding a house move, not strictly the same as an account cancellation and then applying for a new account.

Sorry, yes that seems to be right... Thing is i think ihave to pay some cash if i cancel £80+ i think, so ill not be doing that in a hurry :lol:

Thanks sherbrooke Wink