cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which package ?

N/A

Which package ?

Having received the first dreaded you use too much bandwidth e-mail from plusnet
(2mb premmier £21.99-was paying £29.99 at first then decided to reduce)...they have given me three options

1 :- reduce usage (not an option for me )

3 :- request my MAC key (nice one plusnet realy appreciate your kindness for a long term customer)

2 :- 2. Upgrade to a residential broadband product that meets your needs. Peak-time management will then be lifted. Upgrade here - https://portal.plus.net/products/upgrade/cbcupgrade.html

Please note; this option is not available for customers on the Broadband Premier up to 8Mb product.**

(I have looked at upgrading and as far as I can see I'm on the highest package I can be on without paying for a 4mb/8mb service that I can't use)

So my question what package do plusnet want me to upgrade to anyone ?
feedback from plusnet appreciated
20 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Which package ?

Hi,

The products that are available to upgrade to are the up to 4Mbs and up to 8Mbps Premier accounts. One of the benefits of these accounts is that the sustainable usage levels are higher on these accounts.

Details of the figures are listed here.
N/A

Which package ?

Whilst i dont work for Plus Net, your options would appear to be move to the 4 or 8 mb accounts and capitalise on the extra bandwidth or switch to one of the ore expensive business products.
N/A

Which package ?

(I have looked at upgrading and as far as I can see I'm on the highest package I can be on without paying for a 4mb/8mb service that I can't use)
N/A

Which package ?

you can use them at the 2mb speed and enjoy a higher SUP limit.
N/A

Which package ?

Yep you get 150GB and 45GB but you still restricted by PlusNet's traffic management arnt you?Huh
N/A

Which package ?

At this moment I feel like a child that's been given a racing bike for Christmas only to have his dad take the pedals off to stop him using it ride fast !
N/A

Which package ?

Hi,

The products that are available to upgrade to are the up to 4Mbs and up to 8Mbps Premier accounts. One of the benefits of these accounts is that the sustainable usage levels are higher on these accounts.

Details of the figures are listed here.

Sorry for late reply

Lets recap I over pay for a service I can't use 4meg or 8meg (Iv'e only a 2 meg exchange) and +net are happy for me to download more and all of a sudden because of the extra cash ther's no problem being one of the 5% ish that spoil it for others ? is this statement right +net ?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Which package ?

If people pay more we can allow them to use more as there is more money available to pay for the increased capacity that this requires.
N/A

Which package ?

If people pay more we can allow them to use more as there is more money available to pay for the increased capacity that this requires.

what increased capacity I still have a 2meg exchange my capacity hasn't altered .... if I constantly download at 2meg then paying for 4meg or 8meg will not let me download any faster just lift a FUP I didn't sign up for when I first came to +net :shock:

Have +net realised they have under charged for there products and are too red faced to admit it .........Tell me my FUP has been lifted and it will mean a new price range and fair enough I will make a decision as to leave or not ...... but please don't try to get more money out of me this sneaky way .... BTW this is my own opinion but looking around the forums I don't think I'm on my own
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Which package ?

Our products are priced correctly for the usage levels that they are designed for, and which 99% of our customers stay within.
N/A

Which package ?

I'd better add I realise I will not win this debate as the ISP you will have the last say but I just have to voice my opinions as I'm well fed up with this .......a ISP I've allways recomended I'm now telling peeps to avoid .....what happened +net ?
N/A

Which package ?

To be honest your probably better off going to an ISP without a cap. By the time you have paid the extra for 4mb or 8mb you could have been with an ISP such as Zen who are totally uncapped and have said they have no intentions of capping in the future.

Dont see why plusnet are advertising as uncapped to be honest when they clearly have set cap limits for downloads.
N/A

Which package ?

Our products are priced correctly for the usage levels that they are designed for, and which 99% of our customers stay within.

If this is so then why when I fill in your own "tell us what you want from broadband and we'll suggest what's best for you" tick boxes honestly eg "downloading music and movies" + "fixed monthly payments" + "home networking" + "surfing chatting and email" it directs me to "* Broadband Premier comes at the fastest speed possible, up to 2Mb. If 2Mb is not available to you we will provide you with broadband at 1Mb or 512k."

I've filled it correctly then somethings wrong don't you agree it does say "from £21.99" at the top of the page but no more info than that no mention of FUP

https://portal.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_premier.shtml?link=flash_premier
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Which package ?

Dont see why plusnet are advertising as uncapped to be honest when they clearly have set cap limits for downloads.

It's not capped, it is subject to a sustainable usage policy. If it was capped could you download 400GB in a month? You can do this under the SUP. As long as you stay within the levels for at least two of the last three months the SUP is not used.