cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the official PlusNet forum?

N/A

In response to my post on a thread now locked at the request of the OP - see http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=219225#219225 Dave Tomlinson agrees that an undertaking was given here to send out emails to all Premier customers - see http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=219258#219258 - but that it was an undertaking in an "unofficial" forum which was then overruled by senior management.

But this is the only PlusNet forum on this portal surely - and it is where customers come to seek clarification of matters of company policy. Surely PlusNet staff who post here check their facts when responding on policy matters?

If this forum - and all the answers it contains - can simply be dismissed as "unofficial" and therefore not necessarily true or binding, how can we trust or believe anything? Isn't it pointless for PN staff to post here unless their posts can be construed as official and true?

Simon
38 REPLIES
N/A

So you are going to insist on hassling this guy because he was over-ruled by his boss? It is clear to me at least (edit: on the evidence provided) that Dave WANTED this to happen. What more do you want from him, you want him to resign because his boss over-ruled him?
N/A

Although no specific words have been said, the houding action you are taking here, could be classed as a personal attack.

I have to agree, does this truly need to happen?

Do we have to constantly droan on at specific people (which is the target here), for what they have already stated is beyond their own control?
N/A

This thread is about finding out whether or not PlusNet want you and other customers to believe what they post on this "unofficial" forum.

Simon
N/A

Do we have to constantly droan on at specific people (which is the target here), for what they have already stated is beyond their own control?

No that is not the point of this thread - it was used as an illustration of a general forum question, ie are we supposed to believe what is posted in a so-called "unofficial" forum? Because if not, I can't see that there is any point in seeking clarification of any policy matters here. If that is the case, a warning flag should state that any policy statements here by PlusNet staff are liable to be overruled by senior management. Otherwise, customers will fall into the trap of believing PlusNet posts here to be official statements.

Simon
N/A

perhaps all plusnet employees should have a disclaimer in their signatures declaring that anything they post may not be relied apon as the official line and can be retracted by the management.
N/A

Sorry PR100 but this is all starting to get a bit much now.

I have and will support you and Wadev for the way you were treated but posting private PM's like you have done elsewhere is just hurting your case.

At the end of the day anybody can be overturned by their boss thats just the way life is. Plusnet have allways made it very clear that these forums are an unofficial support medium so I am not sure of the relevance of your question.
N/A

ie are we supposed to believe what is posted in a so-called "unofficial" forum? Because if not, I can't see that there is any point in seeking clarification of any policy matters here.

Ah! now I see your point Smiley

I have to say though that the manner in which is was done, i.e. throwing a grenade into another thread, was IMHO a personal attack on Dave, even if that was not your intention. Anyway, I'm off home, I'll pickup this thread later tonight, but it'll have moved on somewhat by then Wink
N/A

Plusnet have allways made it very clear that these forums are an unofficial support medium so I am not sure of the relevance of your question.

just out of interest, where is this made clear? i tend to tune out forum terms and rules these days, i've signed up for so many. it would be interesting to see the proportion of users that are completely aware of this.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Unofficial in that this isn't an avenue for "official support", that would be Contact Us or the support telephone line.
N/A

Not at all - had I wanted to launch a personal attack on Dave I would have done so long ago since I have had that email since June and would surely have deployed it to better advantage before now. I brought it up in what looked like an appropriate thread and this thread is more clearly about the reliability of PlusNet staff posts on policy matters here in what is called an "unofficial" forum.

If we cannot accept PN policy statements here as true and binding, I would like to know which other forum to use for such answers.

Simon
Community Veteran

Simon, I think you will find that this is the official forum. But is not and has never been an official place to gain support from plus who as stated in the forum rules will concetrate on tickets and calls.

As we've said to you many times, yes, we did say we would be sending emails to customers in both a private conversation with yourself and through an unofficial support medium.

Dave did not say (as illustrated above) that these were an unofficial forum he did say they were an unofficial support medium.

Therefore I cannot see what you have to moan about in this post.

(I know others have replyed to the same effect but I spent ages typing this and don't want it to go to waste.)
N/A

Unofficial in that this isn't an avenue for "official support", that would be Contact Us or the support telephone line.

But Contact Us have also stated that all Premier customers would receive the disputed email so that doesn't get us much further on. Are you saying that all Contact Us responses are official and binding?

Simon
N/A

but it does answer the question in the topic and mine Smiley
Community Veteran

Sorry to ask the obvious, butif these forums are an unofficial means of support - how can a user be expelled from the service for overuse of an unofficial media?