cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Phone Line

rslsys
Grafter

Which Phone Line

Is there an entry under My Account which indicates which telephone number Broadband is provisioned on?

I have a client with multiple lines & multiple ADSL links and they are trying to reconcile phone lines to Bills!

Cheers

Keith
10 REPLIES
N/A

Which Phone Line

It used to be identified as the CLI number in connection settings, although this now looks to have been removed.

I can't see a way to find the info on each account without either calling up and going through each account, asking the question, or raising a ticket on each account. Cry
chrisc
Grafter

Which Phone Line

I've just had at look at this for you and am pretty surprised that it's not on there.

I'm gonna get this raised internally to be looked at for you.

In the meantime, you can always start to raise a fault here. Before the tests start it asks you to confirm the broadband number and displays it on screen.

Hopefully we can get this one sorted to make it easier in the future.
N/A

Which Phone Line

I've just had at look at this for you and am pretty surprised that it's not on there.

Glad it wasn't just me surprised it had been removed!

Good idea using the faults tool. Cool
chrisc
Grafter

Which Phone Line

I've raised this to our web content team and hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get that information added on to account details. Cheesy
N/A

Which Phone Line

Did you find out who's idea it was to remove it?
chrisc
Grafter

Which Phone Line

I'll try and find out - I'd be interested to know why it was removed too Cheesy
N/A

Which Phone Line

I was going to suggest the faults tool but someone stole my thunder *sulks*

Is there any provision (on business accounts) for a single interface to control multiple connections linking different company sites. This is possible with business mobile phones, despite the same complications of different plans, allowances etc.

If this interface existed (or exists?) it should then be relatively simple to have a summary screen where you can see what broadband products are used by the company, and which lines these have been installed on. Could even allow customers to enter a comment to identify the line (High Street shop etc). This would also make it considerably easier to monitor usage allowances, maintain firewalls, mailboxes, services, billing etc.

Has to be better than maintaining a list of usernames and passwords for each of your premises. I can see this easily becoming an administrative nightmare.
N/A

Which Phone Line

Its been requested many times over the years.

Thus far though, its been too complicated for PN to get value out of developing it.

There's a recent thread with a load of suggestions for consideration over at the Usergroup Forum. The thread is discussing the possibility of priority support for those who support others, and trying to find a mechanism for validating those who might be eligible.

The umbrella account idea was mooted as a potential solution.

A bit of digging both here and PUG will probably show a number of other threads asking similar questions over the years.

There has to be a way to improve the way those of us with multiple accounts to manage can do so..... :?:
rslsys
Grafter

Which Phone Line

Used the "Low-Tech" solution in the end. As we know where all the routers and ADSL splitters reside, just plugged a POT in to each in turn and dialled my mobile.
Sometimes the simple answers are tne quickest . . .

CLI information would be very useful if I did not happen to be on the client's site. :lol:
N/A

Which Phone Line

Or when you had the POTS plugged in you could have dialled 17070 and this would have given you the number.