cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which ISP Offer CLEAN Unshaped service??

N/A

I have been with plusnet for nearly a month now and my p2p speed has never impressed me and now with this new shaping implemented its going to be worse. Has anyone found any other ISP that offer a unshaped service.
3 REPLIES
N/A

There are a few around, but you will probably pay more, or maybe not.

I've sent an enquiry to Demon Internet about their broadband products just to ask about exactly that (traffic shaping etc). Demon do tend to supply packages that "do exactly what they say on the tin" and if I do decide to go with them in 2 months time, funnily enough, I will be a returning customer (my previous account with them was dialup and it was pretty much rock solid).

They appear to do a package which is £2 per month cheaper than PN Premier and I think that is a "clean" service - might be worth investigating. Although, I'll be needing to opt for the HomeOffice package at £24.99 per month since I require static IP. £3 per month extra isn't going to break the bank.

Shop around, and look what you are getting for your money. The problem with PN is they never keep things static, which is what annoys most customers on here I think. Sure, their packages might be good value for money for some people, but I guess it depends on what you ultimately want out of your broadband supplier and what you are willing to pay for that. Personally, it's looking more and more likely that PN are not the ISP for me.
N/A

it's looking more and more likely that PN are not the ISP for me.
Sadly I have to agree, this latest fiasco has tipped the scales, might even go back to Demon myself. BTW I beleive that it is not possible to migrate in to their £19.99 service only the £24.99 Homeoffice service.
N/A

is there a set time scale that i need to be with plusnet? I have only been with them for nearly a month now, i'm going to look into isp this weekend once i have more time.