cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to report connection problems?

N/A

As a newcomer to Broadband, I haven't been sure whether all the recent email problems were down to me or to f9, until eventually a notification occurs on the 'service status' page.

Last night I started with inability to connect to the mail server about 21:00. Eventually the internet connection failed as well, in spite of numerous restarts, so I couldn't even look at the service status. To my relief all was well this morning, but nothing about these problems had appeared on the 'service status' page until about midnight, and those messages have now disappeared.

So I have 2 questions........

1. Is it a help or a hindrance if users notify f9 of connection problems as soon as they appear?

I used to work for the electricity industry, and know that they and other utilities are much more dependent on customer fault reports than most customers realise.

2. Where is the best place to report problems, e.g., where in these forums could we or should we post problems immediately?

Answers on a postcard please. (Only joking, but I do note that 'contact us' offers only busy help lines, and a postal address!)
4 REPLIES
jabns2
Grafter

My internet dropped about 10 times last night. Its highly annoying especially as i was doing shopping on the internet and i nearly ordered the item twice Evil !
N/A

If you can connect long enough to try it, the "Help & support" section (shortcut on the main menu bar above) has a very big button titled something like "Diagnose Broadband Faults".

Alternatively under the"Technical Support" link within the same section is something who's sub heading is "Ask the support team". This is only an option if (a) you can stay connected long enough to report something, and (b) if you don't need an answer straight away.

If you need something right now, then you'll need to phone 0845 140 0250, and wait in the queue.

Both the "ask the support team" and helpline number will take time, but the "ask the support team" is cheaper. :shock:
N/A

If you can connect long enough to try it, the "Help & support" section (shortcut on the main menu bar above) has a very big button titled something like "Diagnose Broadband Faults"........

also ......."Ask the support team".

Yes I've seen them (TVM for helping me find them again. Last night I couldn't). But I'm not after fixing *my* fault. I'm asking where to report it when I suspect *they* have a fault and there's no sign anyone has reported until until hours later.

If we had an agreed place (e.g., somewhere here) to post suspicions, we'd soon see whether it was us or them, as the complaints came in.

I now realise this should perhaps be in the "Suggestions" forum.

Thanks for reply.
tonymunro
Grafter

Unfortunately the short answer is DON'T BOTHER!

F9 really are not interested in disconnections or downtime. They simply assume that the problem is always at your end and couldn't possibly be a problem with their service. I've given up trying to report disconnections. I just learnt live with the problem and fume in silence Evil