cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the telephone numbers?

N/A

There seems to be a distinct lack of telephone number on the PlusNet website.

Is this something to worry about or an oversite on PlusNet's part?

Richard
34 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

The support phone number used to be at the bottom of every page.
It seems to have gone. Perhaps this is an oversight made when Pn changed something.
It was certainly there last time I looked.
N/A

I don't see how that could happen. Every contact us 'bit' is missing a telephone number. You can't even call sales!!!!! :shock:
N/A

My guess would be that PN would rather you use the ticketing system to contact them rather than use the phone. Even so, they should still publish their phone number somewhere - iirc it's the law.

However, it could just be a small oversight - but this I doubt.

-Paul
Community Veteran

for reference it's 0845 1400200
N/A

We have not removed nor are we removing telephone support we are still fully comitted to it this is just the further encouragement of the self support methods which we so strongly belive in backed by comprehensive support documentation and the ticket system. However may I re iterate phone support has not been changed and customers are still welcome to call us.

The number is still on the site and has not been removed at all.
Alecto
Grafter

The number is still on the site and has not been removed at all.

Yes it has, it's been removed from the bottom of every page.
Community Veteran

Stew, could you give us a linky?
N/A

Community Veteran

Ta, how come it's not on the bottom of each page now? I liked it there, It was handy if you needed it.
N/A

Like I said it is just a re enforcement of the self support method whicg we so strongly believe in.
JonathanW
Grafter

As Stew as said, its about encouraging people to use the other support methods available, and become more self serve. The number is still there for people who do need it, as seen by the link provided.
LiamM
Grafter

As Stew explained, Plusnet are gearing themselves more towards ticket support and would rather encourage self-support and ticket support to improve the efficiency in the CSC.

That's not to say, however, that you cannot call... it's just less inviting where previously people called for basic info that could be found easily on the site.

The phone number is also on the member centre homepage.
N/A

"Self-support" sounds like, "help yourself because we don't want to". Well I can see how that could certainly increase CSC efficiency. It would also reduce their figures... ohhhhh the penny has just dropped!

The number of calls CSC receive will likely be a "key target for reduction" - less calls means more happy customers, while more unhappy customers means more calls to CSC.

Now, how do PN reduce the calls figure (and thereby meet this target)? Encourage "self-support"... and remove the phone number to be on the safe side because you can bet some of the idiots can't support themselves!

Genius!
LiamM
Grafter

I think you're being a bit harsh.

A lot of people make wasted calls to the CSC because information is freely available on the portal.

Simply following the ticket wizard can resolve a large number of queries which frees up the CSC staff more to deal with more demanding queries and questions which require the intervention of a CSC agent.

If everyone raised tickets instead of called the CSC, then we'd all get answers to our queries far quicker.