cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's My Upgrade

N/A

Where's My Upgrade

Signed up months ago to have high speed broadband. Had an email confirming it'll be going ahead, then silence. Control panel still says 2000Kbps. What's the deal?
7 REPLIES
lingbob
Grafter

Where's My Upgrade

What speed is your line sync'ing at?
Sea_Spaniel
Dabbler

Where's My Upgrade

I have the same issue. I've pasted in my latest request and the reply I got. Do they actually read these or are they automated responses? My issue isn't that I haven't been upgraded but they keep me in the dark. My normal synch is 1-1.5 Meg.

[Support Wizard Journey]
[Upgrade now to 'Up to 8Mb']

[Additional Information]
These are the dates and references of my previous requests for a move to 8Mb. You say a 10 day turnaround is the norm. I'm rapidly approaching 365 days since my first request. Can you give me a good reason as to why you can't get me onto 8Mb?

ID: 21701429 13/04/2007
ID: 21169168 27/01/2007
ID: 21055235 11/01/2007
ID: 20960447 27/12/2006
ID: 20671167 09/11/2006
ID: 20265506 11/09/2006
ID: 19242828 24/04/2006

If you are going to close this and send me a "We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP" response then don't bother as I've already got 6. Obviously ASAP means that it wasn't possible but I'd like to know why as it may be something that another ISP can resolve.

Copied To: ****************

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 2:15am, Thursday 19th April 2007
We acknowledge your request to be regraded to DSLMax as a priority and will endeavour to submit your order ASAP.

Regards
Customer Support
N/A

Where's My Upgrade

What speed is your line sync'ing at?

Thanks for reply bitzbox,

sync'ing - how would I find this? Router: D-Link DSL-G604T.

Connection info tells me this: DSL Speed: 448 Kbps Upstream, 3584 Kbps Downstream. It's been as high as 5000ish Downstream, seems to vary but I don't look that often anyway.

Not that I'm too bothered, would just be nice to know what the verdict was.

Ta.
Community Veteran

Where's My Upgrade

You speed indicates you have had your Max upgrade. Raise a ticket say you are on max but your data rate has not been changed. It appears BT either did not send a Bras profile to PN or PN ignored it. The Bras profile states what speed BT will allow on the line which PN then set.
Community Veteran

Where's My Upgrade

@piesse

Your request s handled by a script, not a customer service agent, hence the stock reply.

If you can post up your sync speed we will be able to see if you have been Max'ed.

As Peter said there is a known issue that BT do not always tell PlusNet when customers have been Max, so their profiles get left at their old speed.

Chilly
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Where's My Upgrade

@pellay & piesse

I'll go check your accounts now and let you know whether they have been maxed and also ensure that everything is correct from here.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Where's My Upgrade

@piesse

You are on MAX dsl, you have been since last May. However it appears that due to either your distance from the exchange, quality of your line or your internal setup/wiring you can only get 1500.

@pellay

Your upgrade has also completed. You account had not yet caught up, rather than waiting for this to happen natually I've given it a nudge for you. If you reboot your modem/router you should be seeing slightly higher speeds.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team