cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where my maxdsl upgrade gone Legacy account areblacklisted

N/A

I have just found out I too have a legacy account, this has come about by being a loyal customer i.e. dialup from the first month F9 came to the market then becoming an ADSL customer

So I have just been told to wait for the upgrade to go through on my next billing date, but they said that last time.

Why do Force9 expect us to do leg work for them why did they not come clean in the first place about legacy accounts?

Not very good customer service and not how loyal customers should be treated.

Just think how embarrassed I feel by signing up friends and neighbours

mjr99 Jill weekes
9 REPLIES
Sword
Grafter

Was it ever explained what a 'legacy' account is?
S.
N/A

No, the term "legacy account" seems to have been made up on Thursday or Friday by Jon Whiting, and no-one has ever got round to explaining what they were or why customers on them have yet to see any changes, either on the MaxDSL front or the new products/VMU-type stuff.

What's the betting they've already moved some "legacy accounts" across onto LLU though? :twisted:
N/A

Legacy in this context simply means an account or product that is no longer available for sale.... i.e. they were discontinued when they brought in the new price plans on options 1, 2 and 3.

In other words, all loyal customers who have been with f9 for more than a year will be on legacy products unless they have specifically contacted CSC to transfer over to a newer product.
N/A

So all those loyal longstanding customers,most of whom are probably on these 'legacy' products, the one's that were informed would be upgraded after the 'up to 8mb' customers, are the same loyal customers who have been missed out of the loop completely :roll:
N/A

So all those loyal longstanding customers,most of whom are probably on these 'legacy' products, the one's that were informed would be upgraded after the 'up to 8mb' customers, are the same loyal customers who have been missed out of the loop completely :roll:

Exactly.... But much worse, they also missed out all the older customers who were already paying for the 8mb service simply because they were on a "legacy" tariff/product/account (whatever they call it).
JonathanW
Grafter

In this case, Legacy Account only referrs to the Home Surf, Easy Start, and Home Self-Install packages. This is due to their age, and the differences between them and those that we currently offer.
N/A

I still don't understand how that explains why these legacy accounts were at the back of the queue for both MaxDSL and VMU/Peak hours upgrades, and why the customers with these accounts weren't made aware that they were being penalised for their loyalty...
N/A

In this case, Legacy Account only referrs to the Home Surf, Easy Start, and Home Self-Install packages. This is due to their age, and the differences between them and those that we currently offer.

So, if i've been on 'ADSL Self Install - Premiere' since Nov '02 and I upgraded my account to 'Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb' in Apr '05 (and therefore I assume i'm not on a 'legacy' product) and my billing date was 2nd Apr, why have I not seen any changes to my account after 3 weeks have gone by ?

If you were placing regrade requests at the rate of 700 a day, I can't believe that 700 people who had a billing date the same as mine would be infront of me in the queue - perhaps i'm wrong, so please enlighten me.

What i'm really concerned about, is not the fact I haven't got 8mb speeds, as 2mb suits my needs 99% of the time, it's the fact that F9/PN informed us via these very forums of the detailed methodology it was going to use to perform all these upgrades, which don't seem to have worked at all as intended. This to me is a growing trend of 'marketing speak', where the 'customer facing' departments says one thing to keep it's customers happy, yet 'back of house' does whatever it chooses.

I've used Plusnet/F9 for years - I had dialup with them prior to getting broadband in '02 - and i've never had cause for concern, reliability has been great. But, my views about the company itself are beginning to change, they don't seem as open as they used to, they seem less technology drivern and more marketing driven, progressive changes in the company ethos if you will.

As jillweekes mentioned earlier, i've always pointed people to F9 if they've asked me for advise about broadband without hesitation, but I have second thoughts now. That in itself should tell you something.

I'm not looking for another provider yet, but i'm not adverse to moving either if I think it's in my best interests.

Cheers,
Neil.
N/A

I've just noticed this nonsense about "obsolete accounts".

What's going on? During the last raft of "upgrades" when we got the regrade to up to 2MB etc etc I was under the impression that we had two choices:

Pay a "jump the queue" fee and get regraded to the new account + speed immediately or wait until it was done automatically when the exchanges were done. I was happy to wait - esp as it was only a couple of months.

Now I find out that although I was "upgraded" to 1MB (when all around me are getting minimum of 2!) my account wasn't and I am now obsolete despite paying the £21.99 a month for a "premium" account!?

What exactly does that mean now? In words of one syllable so that a degenerate consumer like me can understand it please!

Do I get another upgrade?
Will my account stay the same or will that finally change as well?
When is all this likely to happen - baring in mind that we're now approaching the second billing point since LLU work on our exchange was completed.

I used to like F9 but it would appear I'm beginning to feel like a lot of others on here... unappreciated and unwanted except once a month when they're dipping into my bank account.