cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my warning email?

N/A

My speeds have been restricted for going over the 20GB limit some days ago but I never received any warning emails like other people did. Why did I not receive one?
10 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The emails only started going out yesterday to customers as their profiles were changed. They weren't back dated to customers that had their profiles changed before we started sending out emails.
N/A

again, why not?
N/A

Because we are guinea pigs to their monthly evolving network profiling techniques and procedures, that's why. I think the technical term is called, mis-management.
N/A

id like to chip in also....why have i been throttled when my peaktime useage is only 7gig for the month and my off peak useage is 20gig....i thought "heavy" users such as myself where encouraged to do this, yet i am still throtted...awful company, awful service...how much is it to cancel a 12 month agreement (i am only 2months in, thats how bad you are)
N/A

Complain to sheffield trading standards if you think your not getting what you paid for, 0114 273 6289
ceridwen
Grafter

The emails only started going out yesterday to customers as their profiles were changed. They weren't back dated to customers that had their profiles changed before we started sending out emails.

Applying restrictions without sending out e-mails
Introducing/changing restrictions without giving notice (and notice does not mean sending out an e-mail on the same day you introduce the changes and/or only sending it to those signed up for service announcements!)
Introducting/changing restrictions before having the proper monitoring tools in place

The number of times we've told PN over the last 6 months or so, that although we appreciate the need for some restrictions, it is the manner the PN introduce the restrictions by doing the above which really iritates and causes complaints and bad publicity you would have thought they might have learnt by now!

But no, we just get some placatory words about "realising we need to do better", "we do listen to customer response" and then a short while later they do the same things all over again.

Matthew
N/A

You must of missed the email that said:-

"We're going to cripple your speed to 0.0001kB/s for ever and ever. If you do not reply to this within 14 days you agree to these terms and conditions"

But im assured that EVERYONE that went over the limits received it....

... Wink Cool
Discostoo
Grafter

So if you go over 20GB at any time and your profile had been updated in the last couple of days, there will be a warning email in your inbox, correct? Is that 20GB at anytime or peak time? (2MB Premier acc) and would that be the first or second or both peak times?

My poor heed. :?
N/A

The number of times we've told PN over the last 6 months or so, that although we appreciate the need for some restrictions, it is the manner the PN introduce the restrictions by doing the above which really iritates and causes complaints and bad publicity you would have thought they might have learnt by now!

But no, we just get some placatory words about "realising we need to do better", "we do listen to customer response" and then a short while later they do the same things all over again.

Matthew

Exactly PlusNet should help customers help PlusNet I recieved an email after the restriction was applied Sad
cafemambo2

Plusnet have slowed down my account with no warning what so ever. I rang up last night and i was told i had to wait untill my next payment had been taken untill the speed reset which is the 22nd Jan. I told the assistant on the phone i had no warning this would happen and he said i need to upgrade to the premier package. I have done this but my downloads are still slow.

I' m very dissapointed with plusnet but hopefully the premier package wont have these silly restrictions and i really hope they email me to tell me if they will slow down my account next time. Sad