cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my Spam?

Ben_Brown
Grafter

Where is my Spam?

Our anti-spam system shouldn't be moving the mail anywhere, it just marks it as [-SPAM-] in the subject line.

Have you got any message rules set up that might be causing the disappearance of mail?
11 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

Where is my Spam?

& I don't mean for my sandwiches !

All incoming mail that would normally be classed as spam no longer appears in my inbox, where does it go ? I have a couple of redirects that I have checked are still active but the mail does not go thru, I do like a quick look at spam before deleting it
Only mail that is not spam comes into my inbox from redirects for some reason. +net support have not answered as yet.
N/A

Where is my Spam?

This is a good point.

I've noticed a marked decrease (i.e. virtually none at all) in spam email in the past few months. I thought it was because I stopped checking my old BTOpenworld email address which generated tons of spam but I can't believe that my Plus Net address has not hit some spammers hit list by now.

I don't have any of the spam filtering options on as I use Mailwasher to preview my inbox before downloading anything. And Mailwasher is not set to auto. delete anything either but still I get virtually no unsolicited emails. By contrast, I checked my now unused BT mailbox at the weekend and found over 2,500 emails all spam bar about 3 and they were old mailing lists I'd forgotten to unsubscribe from!

Normally this would be a utopian situation but it rings alarm bells that if something, somewhere is filtering stuff out of my inbox is it filtering stuff I might want to see?
vic_newey
Grafter

Where is my Spam?

Our anti-spam system shouldn't be moving the mail anywhere, it just marks it as [-SPAM-] in the subject line.

Have you got any message rules set up that might be causing the disappearance of mail?

nothing has changed in my settings, I haven't had any mail marked SPAM for several days ,I usually get about 60 or so a day but now none, just a trickle of legit mails
MrToast
Grafter

Where is my Spam?

Even Spammers go on holiday sometime.... Cool
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Where is my Spam?

Hi,

The amount of spam I'm receiving at the moment seems to be on the decrease too, I don't think it's anything the anti-spam platform is doing but if others are seeing the same I'll take a look into it.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Where is my Spam?

I've noticed a significant decrease in spam over the last couple of months on some of my non-plusnet hosted email accounts, so might not be just a plusnet thing.

Phil
N/A

Where is my Spam?

No, I have to say it does seem to be a lot lower than for a few years. This time last year I was getting upwards of 300 spams a day, today about 20 or so. These are domains that have been active on the internet for a fair few years and seem to be in every spammers list and not hosted by plus.net so I can count that out as a factor.
vic_newey
Grafter

Where is my Spam?

I'm still getting the usual ammount of spam, when redirected it just doesn't arrive at my +net inbox
N/A

Where is my Spam?

SPam is virtually 0 here

only 4~8 pieces every month, used to get it everyday.

I think tis just geniunely on the decrease as i certainly have had 0 legit mail go missing, usually get about 10~15 legit mail a day on the business account and maybe 1~3 on my home account
N/A

Where is my Spam?

i having recieved any spam since being with plus net :-) nor hav eny of my forwarded e-mails not arrivied. SPAM FREE yay

:lol:
vic_newey
Grafter

Where is my Spam?

If you think you are missing out then I am sure we can arrange to have some sent to you Cheesy

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Full quote of post directly preceding this one removed as it's unnecessary]