Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is crofters?

tony2007
Grafter

Where is crofters?

Is it just me and my pages on crofters?
But I cannot access any of my pages on crofters through my web broswer - I just get Error 404 pages coming up!!
When I use my ftp client - everything is still there and accessible!!
:?
11 REPLIES
N/A

Where is crofters?

It appears they've updated the cgi domain redirects to point to the new plusnet cgi platform, with no thought or warning for us poor force9 customers who have to wait until next Tuesday to be transferred. It would look very unprofessional if you were running a company from your website and vistors are faced with 404's.

It really does give the impression that we are second class citizens compared with plusnet customers. I hope this isn't the case, last time I looked we were paying the same money.

Try using this address instead cgi.<username>.force9.co.uk.
N/A

Where is crofters?

My sites hosted on crofters are simply redirecting to F9's site instead! This is ridiculous. I would link to F9 myself if I wanted to give them free advertising. I don't want them taking over my sites. It does look very unprofessional.

I agree, allanmcd - why are Plusnet customers moved over to the new platform first? Why not a selection of customers from each ISP? Are Plusnet customers always given priority?
N/A

Where is crofters?

This is unbelieveable and needs to be sorted pronto!!

I just rang support and was told someone might 'look into it tomorrow', but I could try changing my scripts (!!) in the mean time.
N/A

Where is crofters?

If you are not happy with the response you received from support (and I wouldn't be with that response...) then I suggest you get in touch with Dave, Luke, Ian or Josh through these forums and ask them to look into it, as thats part of their job.
tony2007
Grafter

Where is crofters?

This state of affairs just defies belief - ever since January we've had to put up with problems on our pages on the homepages server which has only recently been resolved and now this on our crofters pages. It's as if someone were taking the piss!
Is there no one from F9 who is going to respond to the concerns expressed here in this thread in any meaningful way?
Have PlusNet customers been given preferntial treatment - what you don't like the colour of money!
Could someone from F9 explain this farcical situation
Evil
N/A

Where is crofters?

I created a contact us ticket about this problem but, without any explanation of the problem, received the following reply:

An internal problem has been raised to address this issue.

Kind Regards,

[removed]

**INTERNAL**

Please add username to problem ID

They obviously know something is wrong... but no service status announcement has appeared yet.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Please do not post Customer Support Agents names in the forum.]
N/A

Where is crofters?

Service Status was updated at the time of the last post.
tony2007
Grafter

Where is crofters?

Our network engineers are currently investigating an issue with CGI sites on crofters redirecting to the Force9 portal. An early estimation for this to be resolved is within the next hour.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

kind regards
Luke Horwath
Customer Support

This man Luke - is he a magician?
My pages on crofters have reappeared!
Can I expect this to be a permanent situation?
Thanks
N/A

Where is crofters?

Things might go odd again on Tuesday, but hopefully the errors from the PlusNet upgrade won't occur when Force9 is updated.
N/A

Where is crofters?

Wahey, mine too! Thank you Luke.

I'll save my whinge about getting fobbed off when you initially try to report a problem for another time.... am just happy that it seems to be fixed and someone somewhere took some notice.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Where is crofters?

Hi,

Please accept our apologies for this problem. It was caused by a permissions error with Crofters, as soon as our network guys released what was wrong it was sorted straight away.

To answer previous questions, the way the data is stored means that we can't change a selection of each vISP's customers to the new platform and leave some on the old. We can only do it one complete vISP at a time.

There are a lot of factors involved in who was moved and when, including the size of each vISP's customer base, and the severity of the problems with each vISP.. PlusNet was chosen to be first this time, I think with the Homepages issue it was Free-Online that was chosen first. Next time (if there is a next time) it may be Force9.