cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has plus net gone??????

probshaw
Dabbler

I am the technical manager for a medium size it company, Ihave plus net at home and like the things I can do from your web site (ie static ip). I told my sales team to put 3 customers with new lines for internet connection just installed on plus net small bussiness. NOT ONE OF them could get your sales line over a 3 hour period!!!!!!!
I told them you usually are not like that and told them to try your support line or any other number they could find on your web site. NOT ONE OF them could get though to speak to some one ref the best business package to get for 3 seperate customers!!!
If you wish to speak to me you can call me on 01132362626 and ask for Paul.
I would however like to see an explination here in full veiw of everyone.
I obviously felt a complete idiot when they came back to me with we cant get though to them but we can sort it with another provider in about 10 minutes.
I had been telling them how good you are!!!!!!!
Mr P. Robshaw
Technical Manager
Tomorrows Office (Leeds)
Leeds.
19 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm sorry about the problems you've had getting through to us, we've just had a new phone system installed in the past week or so.

The original set up was to set the phone system not to accept more calls if the queue time was over 30 minutes, we've now changed this afternoon so that you have the choice of whether to hang on if there is a queue or not (the message will tell you if we are busy).

The support team are now seeing more calls coming in, I'd be interested to hear if you or anyone else is still having a problem getting through so I can make sure that it's raised up and corrected.
N/A

Paul - something to consider is that PN doesn't accept sales over the phone anyway. I know there have been lots of comments about delays getting through, but have not tried it myself in the past year or two, because for most things, the web portal seems to be fine.

It's unfortunate when someone is recommended but then has a problem making contact, so you have my sympathy. Unfortunately I suspect many ISPs are in a similar position, of too few staff at "peak times" for calls.
probshaw
Dabbler

I am perfectly happy to order over the internet I did this for my home connection.
But I expect to be able to speak to some one when advice about what product would be best is needed?
Also I think I see a trend here. When I had a minor fault with my own connection I was told it was because of staff training due to some new system or other. Now I am told that service to customers is allowed to be affected by
internal so called improvements? Do you atually ever manage to reach a level of service that your customer finds acceptable? If I had the same problem in my own tech support dept then I would not let the customer suffer I would put more people on the phones,
It all sounds like excuses to me I dont give them to my customers and I certainly dont want them myself.
When you get your customer service up to an acceptable level then I will give you another try but when a business cant even manage to answer the phone to a sales query then I do not have the confidence in it to place my customers in your hands,
N/A

is this the same

http://www.tomorrows-office.co.uk/ ?? same as you..

Anyhow why dont you look at other ISP's, all you can get with +net you can get else where....

i hope your just using it for connectivity as the email platform can be a bit flaky.
probshaw
Dabbler

yes thats us.
Yes just run it for connection has most of the customers run there own mail servers. I have not had a problem really on my home connection, which is a Home worker conection so thought I would give them a go with the customers connections, but I dont want the hassle of customers phoneing me when theres a fault and then my engineers not being able to contact plus net.
When they get there act together I will give it a go but I dare not risk it at the moment.
N/A

Support call answering

I am sorry to that you are still having problem fro July 2003. I cannot get through and you do not even reply to the support calls!!!!!!
N/A

I guess PN will blame their unacceptable waiting times for support on their supplier - BT making a hash of Max, and upsetting a ton of people, Unfortunatly they don't have much choice over their supplier, (ignoring LLU since its still only a handful of connections, and is not really yet proven as a valid alternative)
You however have full choice over which ISP to use to supply your customers - if you don't think the service is acceptable, are you really prepared to subject your customers to the same service?

Clearly not - and thats gonna be a big problem for PN - if you can't recommend them to your customers, and I can't recommend them to my friends and family, and all the other users are also struggling to make the recommendation, where will the customers come from to replace those who are leaving?

I'm intrigued by your comment that you managed to sign up over the phone for your home account, I was under the impression that the only way to sign up was via the portal (indeed have been told that over the phone by PN) :?:
N/A

When I first joined Plusnet they were a good value for money company. Their CS would answer phone calls, tickets were answered and there would be regular updates from them on the website to known issues.

Nowadays, especially with MaxDSL, LLU, bandwidth restrictions etc.....all I can say is that they have become a complete bag of sh***
N/A

You can't sign up over the phone anyway.

use the "sales enquiries" link at the bottom of the page and you'll get a swift response.
probshaw
Dabbler

over the phone

I didnt sign up over the phone I signed up over the internet. It was a typo error.
sorry.
My point is that if I need tech advice in order to give the best service to my customers I can not get it.
This is rather irrelevant though since I will not use plus net for my customers until there is a major improvement in customer service.
N/A

There is supposed to be an announcement over the coming weeks relating to a dedicated business support number, however we have not yet seen what this will actually mean; so we may just get lumped in with the residential queries and not neccesarily receive any better service Sad

Hopefully time will reveal a positive step forward.
probshaw
Dabbler

Some of the suppliers we use have a dedicated business link so the engineers can call a direct line and be put though to the first avalible tech support person. I know this jumps the que but if you were our customer paying for our engineers to sort there internet conection would you be happy seeing him sat in a que for too long!!
The best ones give us an account manager and we put lots of business though them because we have one point of contact and he sorts the rest.
N/A

Hi,

I'm sorry about the problems you've had getting through to us, we've just had a new phone system installed in the past week or so.

The original set up was to set the phone system not to accept more calls if the queue time was over 30 minutes, we've now changed this afternoon so that you have the choice of whether to hang on if there is a queue or not (the message will tell you if we are busy).

The support team are now seeing more calls coming in, I'd be interested to hear if you or anyone else is still having a problem getting through so I can make sure that it's raised up and corrected.

I really do hope that you're interested! Surely your system can tell you about the number of failed calls. If it doesn't you really need to get another system, don't you?

I tried to get through for over 10minutes yesterday and I've just put the phone down in disgust again now! What has happened to the plusnet service? I left an email yesterday which hasn't been answered in 24 hours.

What has happened to all the contact ticket system? All my questions and answers have disappeared!

My actual problem is that I set up a broadband service for my Netherlands neices whilst they were working in Bournemouth. I told Plusnet that last month must be the last payment and this was all agreed in the ticket system. I was really miffed to see that they took ANOTHER payment for a further month although they left 6weeks ago.

I also had a ticket on the fact that Plusnet sent two modems by mistake. A plusnet person said they would send a return postage bag a few weeks ago.....nothing has been seen or heard.

The message I left last night was that not only will I have to stop the direct debit for my neices account FROM THE BANK END but I will ALSO close MY account if PlusNet don't call me withing 5 days. THE SITUATION IS QUITE IMPOSSIBLE. HOW CAN YOU WORK WITH A COMPANY WHERE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO EVEN COMMUNICATEHuhHuh TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!!

This is such a pity as the reason I went with Plusnet was that the service was good value and they had a phone line where you could speak to people. Why not limit the profits a little in order to give a better service?

I AM REALLY RAVING MAD ON THIS......THE FRUSTRATION ACTUALLY MAKES ME FEEL ILL!!!

Frank
N/A

This is the first time I have posted because I have never had a problem with my broadband service. But the previous issues and my experience just seems to support all the criticism being voiced on this forum.

This really seems to be a sad indictment of the number of calls (or complaints) that you are receiving when you disconnect callers if the queue depth is over 30 minutes.

You (+net) either need to address the fundamental problem which is causing people to call or to employ enough agents to answer ALL calls within a respectable wait time (no more than 2 minutes).

Whilst I accept that a support structure doesn’t generate any revenue (and that is why generally it is under resourced), it does give you the opportunity to provide a shop window to customer with issues to see that progress is being made and provide a positive image..

Unfortunately and I speak from experience of trying to get a broadband fault resolved, this just doesn’t seem to be the case.

When will +net realise it is easier to keep customers than try and generate new ones.