cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you go to get questions answered these days!!!Arggh

N/A

I was e-mailed on 23rd Oct by PN informing me that, at long last I was being upgraded to "up to 8mb" - about time too, I've been waiting for this for months - several applications etc...I have been since my joining a Premier customer - huh by far from the Premier service I was expecting and have been getting....dreadful in a word.

Anyway, It is now 2nd November and no apparent sign of any upgrading activity. I have taken the aforementioned e-mail from PN that the 10 day process had begun. I have been dutifully disconnecting my router on regular basis and frequently checking connection speeds...

Nothing doing as yet...

So I want to communicate with PN. I've toured around and around the website trying to find a way to raise a ticket to Customer Services - No joy.

Tried their phone line only to be frustatingly led around and around this too, push this, push that!!!!

I am growing increasingly annoyed and diappointed with PN - months of downed e-mail, connections etc etc and now still no upgrade and no EASY or idiot proof way of contacting them.

I am now relying on this post to be seen by Customer Service and let me know what is going on with MY account - I don't want the standard bulk reply - I see that all around the website. I want to know when MY account will be upgraded and can subsequently see improvements...

My thanks in advance to any forum members who are kind enough to help me.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Where do you go to get questions answered these days!!!A

So I want to communicate with PN. I've toured around and around the website trying to find a way to raise a ticket to Customer Services - No joy.

All you need to do is visit the Help and support pages here and you can raise a question [/ticket]
N/A

Thanks for your quick response John.
I have previously scoured the linked page you suggest. However I cannot find the neccesary category. When I select anything to do with connections etc the site directs me to other rather unhelpful webpages.
Hence me trying to get Support help from these forums

Thanks
fraval
Grafter

Hi Malevolence
I have just been upgraded,they sent me a email telling me on the day it started,its usually on a friday they start it,hope it works out the same for you.
Frav
N/A

Hi Frav.
Thanks for your response.
I have copied my post to customer service for a response as my upgrade has exceeded 10 days.
I've done this under "Your Feedback" as I maintain there isn't an easy link to ask about connection issues via Help Assistant.
The HA is completely useless in this area,the links just redirect you to non applicable, already read and re-read pages.
Like all things PlusNet at the moment, useless.
They have yet to reply. Why does this not surprise me?
Perhaps I should really act on my impulse and go to an ISP that cares...
N/A

When it redirects you to a page of help, the page will ordinarily open in a new window. The original window will contain an option to rate the helpfulness (or otherwise) of the help page. There should also be an option on that page to ask a question of the support team.
N/A

You have a connection issue... mmkay.

Click on Help & Support...
Click on My Broadband Connection
Click on "get in touch with our Support Team by asking a Question here."

Write out your message and send it off.
N/A

It must be said though that PN don't exactly make it easy to ask a question. They seem to prefer you to read the website instead (for obvious reasons).

When you do have an genuine question however, it sends you around in circles looking for how to raise that question to the support team, and people end up having to visit the forums to ask how to raise the question!

It's just not very intuitive.

I understand why the ticket system is there, but I see many other ISPs that allow questions to be emailed to them and the end up in a tracked queue just the same. You get the answers via email and you can even reply to the responses via email. All they ask is that you keep the subject the same as it contains your unique tracking number.
gofaster
Rising Star

The problem seems to be that the "get in touch with our Support Team by asking a Question here." has been deliberately made not to look like a link. No underscore, a barely distinguishable change in colour from the surrounding text. If it was at the bottom of the list of options then people would be able to find it.
An awful example of Human Interface design (unless, of course, it is a deliberate attempt to stop people using it)
N/A

FFS how difficult to notice is that "If you can't solve your problem on the website,
get in touch with our Support Team by asking a Question here". "link".
My thanks to mourby for pointing it out to me, I was far too busy clicking the nice big green and we oh so want you to spend your day pulling your hair out in frustration running around all the options the big look at me box in vain!!!

I completely agree with gofaster's comments...cheers.

Surely, if PN really wanted to help their frustrated customers then it would be obvious and clear how to get in touch ie make the "Can't find what you're looking for?" in bloomin bright red!!
It's a ruse to get their ticket count down....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Its been like it for some time, and a common complaint. I've not had to raise a ticket for some time, but I checked it once and it's not easy to notice.

I err on the side of 'delibrate to encourage people to go through the help assistant' since it has been like it for some time and it can't exactly be rocket science to fix.

Obviously can see the reasoning for encouraging people to go through the help assistant in the first place, as people might find a answer to a FAQ and not need to raise a ticket - but on the other hand it's a complete PITA when you have something specific to contact support with, which you know won't be covered. Especially when you don't raise tickets often and unsure of how to do it.

Still with the waiting times at an all-time low (so we're told) maybe this can be rectified now? Cheesy
pcorker
Grafter

I agree that "hiding" the ask-a-question link is very frustrating. I can see why plusnet do it but there must be a better way - perhaps a pop-up explaining that in a lot of instances reading the self help may save the questioner a lot of time and free up the support team and then a choice between a "continue" option for folk who know that the self help is not relevant and a "self help" option for those who wish to use it.