cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are we now?

Laugh
Grafter

Where are we now?

First off, this is not a complaint or a dig at anybody. It is a genuine request for an update on where PlusNet is with Customer Service.

I say that because we all remember the update from the director a wee while back saying that things are returning to normal (just 70ish tickets outstanding) yet there are umpteen posts on this forum each day quoting horrendous turnround times on tickets and people waiting over an hour to get through on the phone (or even over an hours wait, just to get disconnected!)

The PlusNet Superheros swoosh into these forums with their capes billowing and add updates saying
I've given your ticket a nudge - someone will respond shortly
but then the post is updated the following day with
I'm still waiting!
I see this as the CS Team still being exceptionally busy and our Superhero buddies can nudge the tickets as much as they like but the CS guys can only do so much in a certain amount of time.

These forums are looking like a war zone again and it's probably more damaging that a visible post of 'somebody will respond soon' is not responded to for 24 or more hours.

Like I said at the start - this is not a complaint or a dig at anyone. I fully appreciate the Superhero presence and consider them to be an asset to PlusNet. I would just like to know what the state of play is?

Where are we now guys? Why are tickets taking so long for replies? Why are waiting times so long on the phones? What is the back to normal level your Director spoke of?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Where are we now?

The normal level was achieved, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that the backlog has grown since.

The Superhero's you speak of have been short staffed, predominantly with holidays recent, and The Tommo has returned from his two week break, so we should be able to get back on track from a comms perspective.
thehatman
Grafter

Where are we now?

I'd like to add another note of appreciation for Mand Beckett's and James's help. Smiley

But I do think that overall the CS waits on tickets and on phones are way too long and give a very damaging impression of Plusnet as well as just not serving customers properly.
Laugh
Grafter

Where are we now?

James, you're feathers sound ruffled old boy. That was not my intention. You are one of the 'Superheroes' and what you and the rest of the Plusnet League do is very much appreciated. You and the rest of the forum bunch are a tremendous help here.

God knows that everybody deserves a holiday and the CS staff have probably more than worked enough to get one!

My reason for starting this thread is to highlight that you did pull everything back to normal levels but I cannot say that I have seen an improvement in the forums. But we are a moaning lot :roll: Look at the Walt Disney Sleeping Beauty tiff! Make it blue! Make it pink (sorry mauve!) That was Sleeping Beauty wasn't it? Kids have grown and I haven't seen the film in ages!

Anyway! Back to topic! these forums are stacked with complaints (and most of them are genuine complaints, from the limited view that we lesser mortals have), all of which say that the tickets haven't been read properly and that they wait far longer than that quoted on the Status Page. Blah Blah blah. These threads are littered with this message. If the CS guys have masses of tickets to plod through then, of course, they're going to speed read and miss things. They are going to cut corners and just read the last message. This means that the tickets get sent back asking the very question that was answered 3 bounces back!

This does NOT mean that PN are useless! It means they are over-stretched. I want this post to send a very clear message back to PN. Thank you to the guys and gals who are trying to help the customers (us). We may shout at you and some may call you muppets (I'm sure I saw that in a post somewhere!) but we do NOT mean it. We appreciate your help. PlusNet management, however, is extremely lacking. Directors posting on forums etc etc. The issues here are down to Management not managing - that is the area that needs fixing! They've expanded too quickly and not put in enough supports to hold it all up.

The last message from them said that tickets were back to normal and that things would improve over the coming months. I wasn't expecting magic things to happen overnight, but things appear to have worsened. Now that may be down to people going on holiday, and I do not begrudge them that. But PlusNet are taking people's money and not delivering a service in a lot of cases. Management do need to sort that quickly.

So! To the James's, Mand's, Bob's, Dave's it a cheer Cheesy but to the Managment it's a giant raspberry Tongue

(getting the mail back would be good too Wink )
halfchan
Grafter

Where are we now?

I agree! :lol: