Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the web cams ??

retrospek
Dabbler

Hi all,

How do I get to the famous PlusNet web cams.

I cannot find the link anywhere :roll:

Thanks,

Mark
12 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

retrospek
Dabbler

How many plants !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the link - Did someone order too many plants ?? :roll:

Can I make a suggestion that you move the webcam link to some other places on the portal so it's a bit easier to find....

Thanks,

Mark
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

And Opera/Mozzila friendly
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Guys,

I've actually seen the design for a new webcams page, with some extra links peppered around the portal, so this should be easier to find soon.

Unfortunately the webcams (Axis 2100's) use an inbuilt ActiveX applet to stream the media, which does mean it is more difficult to get working with browsers other than IE. You will also need Javascript support to allow the popup to work from that link.

You might find that getting a different browser to work is easier if you address the cams directly by their IP. You can find the IP by looking in the URL called from the links on the webcam page. For example, CSC Cam 2 should be accessable by entering 195.166.137.247 directly into your browser - Try it, I'm not sure, but it might just work!

Regards,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Hi Guys,

You might find that getting a different browser to work is easier if you address the cams directly by their IP. You can find the IP by looking in the URL called from the links on the webcam page. For example, CSC Cam 2 should be accessable by entering 195.166.137.247 directly into your browser - Try it, I'm not sure, but it might just work!

Regards,

nope nada, pitty

http://195.166.137.244/view/view.shtml
http://195.166.137.247/view/view.shtml

with the usual error msg:

Plusnet CSC 3

Axis ActiveX Camera Control
The AXIS ActiveX Camera Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer.

ed: guess two of the cams software is fubared atm, as

http://195.166.137.246/view/view.shtml

works
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

I must point out, the Axis 2100 supports a java applet, in adition to the ActiveX applet.
Ianwild
Grafter

Thanks for that - Is it just a case of changing a setting in the admin software then?
N/A

Nope - I would sugest putting it through your development process as normal, sugesting a switch to the java viewer.

It is under the admin section (yunder the view screen from memory).

After doing a little looking, the error shown about ActiveX, is because your borwser is identifying itself as "Microsoft Internet Explorer" to javascript.

It should use server Push if it detects any other broswer (IE on the MAC also uses server push).

As for the development process. This is again, because of the way java security works. The java applet must be downloaded from the same IP as the machine it will make a connection to (to collect the image data).

As I am not aware of the way your system works, to relay the page from the web-cam, I can't be certain that it would be a simple change.

However, by the looks of things, it may well be.

I would sugest using one of your other cams, that are ones available via links on the portal (not exactly hidden, all ya do is change the IP). Change the settings on one of these, and provide a trial run link somewhere.
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Phil,

The Cams are on our Internal (Private) network. The 195. address is a Virtual IP, which is why we can't view the Webcams using those IPs internally, so the connection will never come from the same IP as that one...

I really have no idea about how this works. If someone would care to make a post in the ideas forum regarding this I will pick it up and push it through the normal development process.

With Regards,
N/A

in opera the webcam pages seem to continuously stream data to me but i only see the 1st static picture. everything fine in IE

btw i really don't care so much
Community Veteran

Maybe no one is moving Smiley

The plants do make the place look like a jungle and you cant see many people on the cameras today.

Chris
N/A

They are motion jpeg streams (mjpg).

As such, the compression used, would show shifts in colour and moire shift.

It would be quite easy to tell if the image is streaming or your are seeing a still.