cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we be getting our lost email back?

N/A

Plusnet deleted all mailboxes and email on Wednesday for everyone whose username begins with an A.

The mailboxes now appear to be working fine, but all emails from Wednesday are still lost.

They are refusing to acknowledge the problem. My ticket is yet to see a response.

I'd like to know when we will be getting our lost email back.
30 REPLIES
N/A

How can you be sure they have deleted mail? It is probably just stuck in a backlog somewhere
N/A

Because me, along with several other people logged into our webmail wednesday morning to see several emails in there.

When we got home to connect and download them it didn't.

Now when we login to webmail they are not there.

This all happened while they were "fixing" the other mail issues that were affecting everybody.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45098
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45130
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45059&start=105
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45116&start=15
N/A

PLUSNET in hiding

From some of the error messages it would appear the spool/store for some peoples mailboxes was accidently deleted.

not sure of the folder structure for exim, but a quick google on the error message should throw some light on what happened.

But plusnet are ingoring thise issue hoping it will go away so dont expect a response.
N/A

I've had the same problem, I access my mail via IMAP, so all my email prior to yesterday has vanished - that's what I call mail filtering!

No response to my support call either.

Why couldn't mum and dad have called me Zebedee!?
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I have raised this issue to our networks team and will provide their update shortly.
Community Veteran

N/A

I had a very important email about a job offer on webmail that I was going to respond to on Wednesday night... now it's gone, and I don't know who it was from.

Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil

SORT IT OUT PLUSNET !!!

I raised a ticket at 10am yesterday, and have had no response, despite the average response time being (apparently) 11 or 12 hours.

Thank God I am on a monthly contract !
N/A

Just lost 200 emails from my inbox on one of my mailboxes. They were there at 11:25 disappeared at 11:30. As the email servers are mirrored does this mean that they should be restored? Evil
N/A

and now to top it all

host gateway-r.comcast.net [204.127.198.26]: 550-212.159.14.132 blocked by ldapShockedu=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net
550 Blocked for abuse. Please send blacklist removal requests to blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com - Be sure to include your mail server IP ADDRESS.

If it wasnt for th unfair 5 year tie in I think I would be off by now, caps, unreliable email, blacklisted email address, a week to get a reply from CS, oh well just 4 more years of mental abuse to go Sad
N/A

Found appromately 20 of the lost emails in other imap folders. Therefore some corruption of the folder structure. Does this mean that the other lost emails have ended up in another users folder?
N/A

If I see your mail, I'll forward it to you ;-)
Laugh
Grafter

oh well just 4 more years of mental abuse to go Sad

but you can just soak it all up! :lol:

Sorry Matey! couldn't resist Wink
csogilvie
Grafter

Don't suppose you did anything fancy when reading Webmail did you, like try to delete an email?
N/A

Nope... just tried to read them, which i couldn't due to the constant timeout problems, so i gave up and decided i'd get them when i got home and the problems were resolved.

And like i said... got home... email client downloaded 1 email (which wasn't one of the emails i saw in my webmail earlier), so i checked webmail again and there was nothing there.

So i have at least 2 mails missing.