cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the deferred charges disappear?

N/A

Trying to get a clean migration (see my message of yesterday)
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55617

My year's contract began when I made the payment on 25/05/2006, according to the terms and conditions then. But monthly billing was delayed for a couple of weeks as I had no connection (PN even stopped my old dial-up) so that this is the date (02/06/2006) incorrectly shown on my account summary.

Anyone still visiting these forums who migrated out succesfully or anyone from PN team care to comment?

Douglas Holden
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: When will the deferred charges disappear?

Anyone still visiting these forums who migrated out succesfully
Ex customers do not have posting rights in this forum.

PlusNet start the contract when you first receive a service from them, not when the first payment is taken.

As activation takes few days this is fair, as you are not paying before you receive a service.

In your case it does mean waiting a week, for your 12 month contract to expire, but then you are getting the 12 months that you will have to pay for.

Chilly
N/A

Chilly,
thanks for the reply
>Ex customers do not have posting rights in this forum<
Well, what if you opt for the dial-up PAYG connection (this was also a question I wanted to ask, wrt when to put in for this- after or before migration? I wouldn't want to lose out on these forums if possible).

>PlusNet start the contract when you first receive a service from them, not when the first payment is taken.<
That's not what the T&C say. In any case I was already a customer through dial-up (had been a happy punter for years) so we had a working relationship, which is surely the real basis of the contract, not whether the i's are doted and the t's crossed? (I was paid up for the period I had no service- not clear that was compensated for in the billing).

>In your case >snip< but then you are getting the 12 months that you will have to pay for.<
This is the irony of the situation. The service is normally fine and the charges by no means excessive. But when things go wrong ....... Well that is the main reason why I am leaving. I had a really unpleasant conversation with a gent from the Sheffield office who I naively thought was 'phoning to find if I was happy withthe service once I had worked with the support team to get it up and running. I really want to get this sorted with all the different dates and descriptions reconciled. In any case I predict heavy usage in June, so PN wouldn't miss me for June.
Douglas
Community Veteran

what if you opt for the dial-up PAYG connection
You will retain posting rights in the "Free dialup forum".

As for the dates, the best thing to do is raise a ticket and ask.

Chilly
N/A

O.K. I'll give it a go. It does seem that people are happier with the response from tickets now.