cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will i get more speed ??

N/A

I am still on a 2mbit connection and waiting for my line upgrade, am i the only one?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi gunny,

2Mbit, WOW, I wish I had that. Have been waiting for my 1Mb to be made to 2Mb for over a year now, even though BT says my exchange can deliver 3.5MB. I am still being charged for the service I am not getting.

I think you will find there are plenty of us out here.
N/A

Absolutely....I have placed 4 tickets now and each time I am told "shortly".... how short is short?
JonathanW
Grafter

It depends on when you raised the various questions, as we've still not restarted the Max Upgrade programme. All we've been doing is placing one or two manual orders in cases where its been felt appropriate. That being said, we are close to reopening the full upgrade programme, so expect to hear more information soon.
N/A

We have heard this before..."we are re-openeing max..."
Why is Plusnet so far behind other ISP's in getting max to it's subscribers?
Njal
Grafter

Why is Plusnet so far behind other ISP's in getting max to it's subscribers?

Demon have given me a date in November for my business account upgrade ("We currently estimate that we will upgrade your line in the week commencing Monday, November 13, 2006").

Plusnet still have a chance to beat that for my home account!

Fingers crossed.

Regards

Neil
Community Veteran

IThat being said, we are close to reopening the full upgrade programme ...

Dear Jon,

Could you elaborate a little on what known problems BT have fixed since the time MaxDSL regrades were halted? It would be a shame, for you and those in the CSC, if ticket numbers increase again when MaxDSL regrades restart if the real issues have not been fixed at a time when you have fewer CSC staff. Sad

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
James
Grafter

Hi gunny,

2Mbit, WOW, I wish I had that. Have been waiting for my 1Mb to be made to 2Mb for over a year now, even though BT says my exchange can deliver 3.5MB. I am still being charged for the service I am not getting.

Hi pwbuchanan,

I just wanted to take a moment to explain why you haven't seen speeds of over 1mbps yet. The product that you were on prior to being moved across to Premier Option 1 was an upto 2mbps product. That meant that we would move you to the highest possible speed that your line would support.

I was going to check your line to see whether or not you were able to get the IPStream Home 2000 product, but I imagine that you would not have been able to get it, because of BT's limits surrounding the distance you are from the exchange.

We took the decision to freeze our upto 8mbps upgrades on July 3rd, and we've been making improvements to our site, and BT have continued to work on the frialities of their dynamic line management system. We're also trialling something with faults and interleaving which we hope will negate some of the problems experienced by the initial 60,000 that we have already upgraded.

Once we have decided our next steps with regards to our upgrade plans we'll let everyone know via Service Status and our forums.