cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Plus.net respond to recent broadband price cuts?

N/A

I'm currently a 2Mb Premier customer paying 39.99 a month and over the past weeks or so I've seen other ISPs starting to provide far more competitive prices than Plusnet. I'm finding it difficult to justify paying a 10.00 per month premium for a broadband service from Plusnet anymore.

For example, I see AOL is providing an unlimited 2Mb service for 29.99 and that today I saw on the BBC news website that BT is to double speeds for its broadband users for free.

When can we expect a response from Plus.net to the recent increased competition?
8 REPLIES
N/A

I'm in a similar boat. They have dropped the price of 2mb Lite to £15, but when BT gives a free upgrade to 2mb from 512k, then Plus.net has some catching up to do. I can get a BT 2mb line with 30GB transfer for less than with Plus.net, and I'm on a 1mb line now capped at 5gb...
N/A

Apparently there is some big news coming for us premier customers soon.. apparently in the next few days? Smiley
greville
Grafter

I too have seen the AOL announcement as I also have a dialup connection with them which I have had since before joining Plus Net. My concerns were with AOL was in their terms and conditions which states that it is for residential use only. I am a PLUS Net business user on a 512k connection paying £32.98 for using that service. I know that to change to a 1mb service would be cheaper, but AOlL,s new offer of £29.99 for 2mb offers a much better alternative. If PN would reconsider their meaning of business use then I would be more than happy to stay with them on a 2mb connecton at £14,99, but their buisiness tariff is way out of alignment. As I have posted before my useage is less than Imb a month. I do not have my main web site hosted anymore with Plus Net and I simply need a fast connection in order to update that site periodically. My useage therefore is far less than a number of residential users who I see are using 50+mb a month and yet I have to pay so much more with PN just because I happen to connest through a business telephone line.
I have asked this before but a definitive answer by PN has never been given, but what exactly does PN expect a business user to be doing to justify the excessive extra cost. The anser has always been that a business customer gets priority service and therfore costs more to service. I have called cuustomer support less than appro. 8 times in the time I have been with them and all calls have been unrelated to the service but in connestion with hosting actinic catalog, which PN were unable to do satisfactorily.
I want to stay with PN but obstacles are being put in the way
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Hi,

The official line as to what can be considered business use is documented in our Acceptable User Policy available here http://portal.plus.net/info2/legal/tandc_limited/legal_stuff-aup-general.html

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

greville
Grafter

yes but what about all the other points
N/A

Sounds like Plusnet's new 2Mb lite service would be very cost effective for you with its very low monthly charges (and 1Gb per month transfer included if I remember correctly).

Perhaps it's worth speaking to them to clarify what constitutes "business usage". I'm sure they won't want to lose your custom.
greville
Grafter

yes but thats £39.99 with 4gb compared with £14.99 for residential customers (ok with less useage allowance but generally adequate for me)
N/A

Make the switch to the residential service. If there are objections then switch provider. Either way, you win Smiley

I mean you mainly use you broadband service for surfing the web for fun and upload some stuff for business from time to time right? Wink