Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I...re-c-o-n-n-ec-ted

N/A

Hi Support,

Any joy on ticket 19982666 yet.

3weeks down and no replies. The lack of response is a let down.

I can't even get the free dialup becuase my login is rejected, but to be honest the bandwidth is hopeless for me anyway - what we really want is broadband back.

Fed up,
Ed.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you lost your connection before PlusNet announced the free 0808 dial-up you will need to raise a ticket and they will enable it for you.

If it’s any consolation to you it will be 4 weeks on Wednesday that I lost my connection. (OK so it’s no consolation at all!!!! I know how you feel.)

Chilly
N/A

Dreaming

Thanks chilly,

I guessed as much. I just hoped in my wiiiildest dreams that they would have checked all members' ids with existing faults and enabled their ids for dialin as a priority by default!

It seems that priority is not alloted in the order of time that customers been waiting for reconnection, i.e. customers who have been disconnected longest should have highest reconnection priority...?!

We shouldn't have to resort to spending time on these forums to get things done. Do Plusnet pay for that...does Plusnet provide dream, fault-free LLU broadband?

Cheers,
Ed.
N/A

..more

...Furthermore if you raise a fault isn't down to when they answer it or is it automatic. I must be dreaming on it'll be another week before I'm enabled for dialup even I bet! You have to run through that whole load of Fault questions again anyway don't you and wait another age whilst the connection is supposedly checked, after which the fault then gets lost in the automated system...hoorah!

Hate to be cynical but after 3 weeks patience turns to anger turns to to fatigue turns to madness turns to cynical bitterness.

Cracked,
Ed.
N/A

No can do

Well chilly,

I've attempted to raise a ticket like you said but my fault is already open so I can't raise another one without cancelling the current one. I really don't want to cancel the current one otherwise all the history will be lost taking me back to square one again, so there is actually no way to instigate free dial-up with a fault open anyway - doesn't work!

Did you cancel your open fault first?

Ed.
N/A

Re: When will I...re-c-o-n-n-ec-ted

3weeks down and no replies. The lack of response is a let down....Fed up,
Ed.

Well that's just crazy.

Is this really how low Plusnet's CS has sunk?

I'm experiencing my first major problem (no BB connection)
in over a year and I'm quite alarmed by the messages on the forum from others in similar situations.

I've been with plusnet since 2002 and I've been quite happy with their CS - up to now!

I actually left Plusnet to get away from Tiscali (after Tiscali took over and ruined my previous ISP - Lineone).

Now it seems that Plusnet are getting involved with Tiscali, and and the cracks are beginning to emerge.

Since the recent fiasco with plusnet's email services,I've had an increasing sense of deja vu.

I just hope they get things sorted out soon, get back to taking care of basics, because I really want Plusnet to prosper. Not least because I don't want the hassle of finding yet another ISP.

If they got broadband working properly *before* they started touting their other services (such as telephony) we might all have more confidence in them. as it is, they're beginning to look increasingly like all those other shouty,shiny but ultimately useless ISPs that promise the earth and deliver something rather less.

Assuming Pnet *don't* get their act together - is there another ISP out there that's like the *old* Plusnet?
An ISP that isn't inundated with technical; problems and is able to respond quickly and efficiently to customer problems ?
N/A

Hi

Hi gwilliam,

Welcome to the club pal!

As you say Plusnet had been fine until they got into bed with Tiscali. They connected us up quickly and efficiently at the start, with good communication and the news letter was promising but it seems to have all gone pearshaped since then. Somehow I don't think they'll be winning any customer service awards this year (the reason I first signed up).

I'm seriously considering T'lkT'lk - you know the one - but they don't connect for a while and what guarantee is there that there won't be equal problems there and it'll cost to leave Plusnet so trapped, ahh!!

As a previous Tiscali customer, for all this LLU malarky is there a support number for Tiscali that we can call to give them a boot up the .. to sort out our connections?

In sympathy,
Ed.
Community Veteran

Do not cancel your open fault ticket.

Just open a new ticket, I used a dial-up question, and asked for it to be enabled quoting my fault ticket number.
It did take them 10 hours, to respond.

Chilly
N/A

Any of you with a llu line problem PM your dsl number and ill get it looked into. I have direct contact with tiscalis NOC so can esculate faults to the right ppl easily
N/A

I just added a new comment to my existing open ticket requesting the free dial-up number to be activated. It took 3 days for them to do it but I've now finally got free dial-up.

BTW, my BB+ service has been down for 25 days now.