cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get urestricted?

N/A

I still don't know if I've been restricted or not but my speeds on FTP and BT have been 1KB/s all day long. I've been told that the VMU meter does not tell the whole truth so I haven't got a clue what my position is. If I have been restricted to this redicules 1KB/s then when will I get unrestricted? Does this restriction only applies to peak-hours? It's past midnight and my FTP speeds are still 1KB/s.
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Restrictions are normally reset at your next billing date (normally 1 or 2 days after actually).

If the restrictions were due to exceeding the SUP repeatadly then they may remain.
N/A

quote from bbrown over here http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37703

At the moment the changing of profiles is a manual process so it may take some time before you can get full speeds again.

We are working to automate this as soon as we can so it will be done instantaneously.

So you'll have your service back "some time" ....
N/A

It's second night in the row I observe this - the speeds simply don't reset at midnight. Looks like plus.net is trying to save up on at least 2 off-peak hours out of the 8 they say they provide out of 16 they advertise.
N/A

So I will be stuck on this 1KB/s until the 26th of this month peak and off-peak!!! :shock:
N/A

yep, nothing you can do about it, so they reckon.

I'm talking with some legal bods about this, they have changed their T&C's to allow them to do this, or so they think.

They have gone too far, and are unwilling to budge even slightly on this matter of traffic shaping, it's about time someone took some action.
N/A

I'll get my MAC
N/A

I'd get mine, but it'll cost me £85 and 30 days of non-service!
N/A

My billing date was the 8th and as of yesterday evening, my throttling had not been reset although my bandwidth totals went to zero.

I shall be checking things carefully this evening and will be raising another ticket if things are not running at line speed.

Mark
Ben_Brown
Grafter

ed209 - What account are you on?
N/A

Same here. My billing date was the 8th and my throttling was still in place last night.

I will check again tonight when I get home.

When is this going to be automated so that we don't have to wait 24-48 hours?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

It will be automated as soon as possible, we are working very hard on this. The work involved isn't trivial however so it will take time to complete.
N/A

Thought I would throw my 2 pennies worth in.

Ben said:
It will be automated as soon as possible, we are working very hard on this. The work involved isn't trivial however so it will take time to complete.

Which I completely understand, but my point would be that when a user is restricted, it is until their next billing date, not 1 or 2 days after that. Is this a correct assumption? I haven't delved through the moving target that are the T&C's.

The fact that +Net do not have an automated process is completely irrelevant. As a paying customer I would expect my account to have the restriction removed on my billing date, and I am entitled to that am I not? If it has to be done manually, do it !! And on the billing date !!!

I personally haven't had my account restricted and am unlikely to suffer that.

Cheers

Neil
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The "Clean for XGB" allowance on Premier accounts should reset on the billing date, and will do once the automated systems have been completed and put into place.

In the meantime we are doing this work manually, so it is taking time for these allowances to be reset.
N/A

Am I the only person here to think "so what?"?

This shouldn't be our (the customers') problem!

It doesn't affect me currently, but I honestly don't see this as good customer service or relations.

Who project managed this implementation? Who scheduled the VMBU to be updated after the implementation of the policy?

As stated elsewhere, PlusNet might have a coherent vision but the implementation of the policies to achieve that vision seems to be very chaotic. :?

Stuart