cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to request mac?

N/A

When to request mac?

Forgive me for being a bit "simple" Cheesy but when would be the best time to request my mac code so that i can avoid paying penalties...my payment date is the 21st of each month and i am on premier and a monthly contract.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

When to request mac?

You will always pay any normal monthly fees during your 30 day notice period so you need to request it as near to your normal billing date as possible.

However, migrations do allow for a refund of any paied for days after the 30 day notice period so in theory you can ask for your MAC at any time then just request a repayment for any days over the 30 day notice period.
N/A

When to request mac?

Sorry Peter PN do not refund any money back now after the 30 days have finished!

Wait to just before your billing date to ask for your MAC key.
Community Veteran

When to request mac?

Oh yes they do for a normal migration. It is not automatic, you have to request it.

Where were you told they no longer give refunds?
N/A

When to request mac?

Actioned : Dear Mr Manners,
Unfortunately we do not refund part payments. You account has now been closed and no further payments can be taken on this account.

quote from my refund request I submitted yesterday
Metalguru
Grafter

When to request mac?

Unless the T&C's have changed again. This is yet another blatant breach of their present T&C's. I have already contacted Sheffield Trading Standards Department about something similar. This lot are now beyond belief.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please don't use ALL of the preceding post as a quote.
Community Veteran

When to request mac?

Actioned : Dear Mr Manners,
Unfortunately we do not refund part payments. You account has now been closed and no further payments can be taken on this account.

quote from my refund request I submitted yesterday

If that was as a result of a normal migration - i.e. not due to rejecting T&C or under the 45 day plusnet guarantee which have different rules, then the agent was wrong in stating that and you should request it again by contacing one of the comms guys on this board via PM (stating the ticket number of the above text) if the account really is closed or raising another ticket if it is not.

Payments for days paid for after the 30 day notice period are refunded as long as you request it. If you just cancelled the account and did not migrate then refunds are not given.
N/A

When to request mac?

Thanks for the replys, i shall wait until just before the payment due date and then sort it out Smiley
N/A

When to request mac?

N/A

When to request mac?

Ta for info, I have PM'd Ben and will see what happens

I migrated out on Tues with a standard migration and I have had my account downgraded as expected so meet all requirement that you have mentioned Peter.

Ticket is still open 17720835
Metalguru
Grafter

When to request mac?

Here are some words from the normally very correct DT (from the "Should I cancel my standing order" thread).

Here he says a "Migration" does get a refund but a "Cancellation" does not. (Not that I agree with his interpretation).

Hi,

The section is 23.2 rather than 23.1.2

23.2 If we give you notice, you must pay the Charges applicable up to the end of that notice. If you give us notice, you must pay us the Charges that would have been due within the notice period.

What this means is that if you give us notice to cancel, and in that notice period there is a payment due then that payment is taken in full. For example

23rd September - raise a ticket requesting cancellation, this is day 1 of the 1 month's notice

4th October - subscription payment due, this is taken in full

22nd October - end of the 1 month notice period

3rd November - because you've paid for the period 4th October - 3rd November on 4th October the cancellation date is scheduled for the end of that paid period. i.e. 3rd November is end of the agreement.

With 23.5

23.5 If you have paid any Charges for a period after the end of the Agreement we will either repay it or put it towards any money you owe us

This case is slightly different

23rd September - raise a ticket requesting migration, this is day 1 of the 1 month's notice

4th October - subscription payment due, this is taken in full

22nd October - end of the 1 month notice period

The key difference here is what date the agreement ends. If your migration completes on or before 22nd October then the agreement ends on 22nd October, and a refund can be issued for the period 23rd October to 3rd November. If the migration completes after 22nd October then whatever date it completes is deemed to be the end of the agreement and any unused time can be refunded.
N/A

When to request mac?

Peter you are correct in what u say, refund has now been given.

Thanks for the info Neken and Peter, I sent my ticket back with your info/links and Matt in CS sorted it. To give credit to Matt he also added a small apology.
LiamM
Grafter

When to request mac?

Peter,

Plusnet have stated that because the contracts are renewed monthly, that even though you give 30 days notice, as soon as you're billing date occurs and the next month paid, that is the start or another months contract and therefore not refundable.

Therefore you don't get a refund for any days after this period, even if you are not receiving service or if it is outside the 30 day notice period.

Seems stoopid to me.
Community Veteran

When to request mac?

Liam, I thought it was only for cancellations (as opposed to migrations) they refused the refunds for?
Community Veteran

When to request mac?

Correct.

Cancellations don't get refunds, the termination date is moved to cover any days you have paid for.

Migrations do (and still do but you have to ask) get refunds for days paid for after the 30 day notice period and it has been like this for many years.