cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I do it?

lingbob
Grafter

When should I do it?

The story goes something like this .....

I received an email from PN early last Sunday evening informing me that I'd reached my included 8Gb allowance (BBYW Option 2) and that my speed had been restricted to 128k, blah, blah. I decided to go 'PAYG' for the rest of the month and so clicked on the link in the email which took me straight to the spot where I could enable 'PAYG'. I noted that it said if I did this, I would be returned to my normal speed. By Monday lunchtime my speed was still restricted to 128k so I phoned Tech Support and they did a manual tweek to lift my speed back to normal. The tweek involved lifting my included allowance to 10Gb and leaving 'PAYG' switched on. My new billing period starts tomorrow (13th) but I don't want the 10Gb included allowance, I want to drop it back to 8Gb and leave 'PAYG' switched on. I know how and where to do this but I'm not sure when to do it. Should I do it now or should I do it tomorrow?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

When should I do it?

Martin,

Normally I'd say do it now - but in this case I would recommend giving them a call given the timescale in case it went horribly wrong..

Looking at the call stats just now, there were only 5 calls in the queue

Telephone numbers are...
Customer Support: 0114 296 5198 | 0845 140 0200

Hope this helps, let us know how you got on.

Cheers,

Roger.
lingbob
Grafter

When should I do it?

I decided to do it myself via the Member Centre this morning - BIG MISTAKE!!

Here's how it went:
Your data transfer reduction will take place on your next billing date, providing you have been on your current package for at least thirty days. If not, your request will be processed on the next suitable billing date.

I now see this in "My Questions":
Customer has requested downgrade from 10GB to 8GB. This change will take effect on Monday 13th August 2007

So, through no fault of mine, I will now have to pay for 10GB of usage (instead of 8GB) on my new billing period whether I use it or not. I'm annoyed, very annoyed! Evil
Mand
Grafter

When should I do it?

Hi there,

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused here.

I've taken a look at your account, and answered your ticket.

Please let me know if I can help any further.
lingbob
Grafter

When should I do it?

Thank you very much for the swift response and for settling the matter to my satisfaction Cheesy
Mand
Grafter

When should I do it?

No problem at all, happy to help. Smiley