cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is peak hours?

N/A

When is peak hours?

I see I now have 3 boxes on my usage page. 8am -4pm, 4pm - midnight, and total usage. Do I now assume that peak hours are now 8am to midnight, or is there some other semi-peak tarriff?

Why can't the figures be presented as 2 figures, off peak and on peak? I wouldn't have to worry abaout trying to calculate if I'm going to break some limit that seems to change every month.

Has there been some notification I've missed?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Re: When is peak hours?

When is peak time

Basically, any time you are awake
Community Veteran

When is peak hours?

Peak time SUP (your total limits - 30GB) are still 4pm to midnight)

Peak time for your 20GB "clean allowance" is 8am to midnight.
N/A

When is peak hours?

What is a clean allowance? Is that part of the 30gb?

When I started with plusnet it was easy - I paid the bill and used it, no worries.

Now I'm never quite sure if I'm going to end up breaking some limit that has just been imposed....
Community Veteran

When is peak hours?

The clean allowance came in because plusnet were using the new tech equipment they had to manage peoples use of p2p,ftp, and usenet.

The result was that these protocols slowed down all the time for everyone resulting in many complaints.

Plusnet decided (quite rigtly) to give priority on these protocols to those who used least bandwidth - hence the "clean allowance"

Everyone on premier is given 20GB which they can use during peak time (the "clean to" peak time of 8am to midnight) which will be at full speed. People who want to use more than 20Gb are allowed to, but must accept that it will be at reduced speed if used during these hours.

The SUP limits (which are actual limits of what you are ALLOWED to download regardless of speed) are still the same at 30GB peak (4pm to midnight) and 100GB (I think) total.