cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is 'peak' and 'off peak' with BB+? please advise me

N/A

The product I am using is Broadband Plus up to 2 mg.
I thought that the 'off-peak' period was 12 midnight until 8.00 a.m. - but now I am seeing references to it being 12 midnight until 4.00 p.m.
Simple question - which is it? And what are the present 'allowances'?
It would be really good if someone from PlusNet could clarify the opfficial position for me.
Many thanks.
11 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Currently, what the peak times and allowances are depends on whether or not you've been billed this month. As we're currently in the process of changing everyone to the new way of managing traffic.

If you check Account Summary under Account Details and it says Plus Up To 8mb, and you're paying £14.99 a month, then your peak time is 4pm - Midnight and there is a usage threshold of 3GB, after which your connection runs progressivly slower.

If it says anything else under Account Summary, then you've not been moved over yet and the older policy of 8am - Midnight peak times applies.
N/A

Thank you. And the change-over on my account will be on my April billing date? Is that right?
JonathanW
Grafter

That's correct, it'll change over on your billing date.
rammie1976
Grafter

....and if your billing date was 04/04/06 and its still not changed what then Jon?
JonathanW
Grafter

The people who were missed earlier in the month are being moved over, and we hope to have this done sooner rather than later.
N/A

Hi,

I've just had an email saying I've been upgraded to the PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb product. The change took place yesterday as it was my billing day. My account summary shows the product as 8 meg , my peak time usage still shows 8 am til midnight. Does the new peak time management come into effect when I actually get the speed upgrade? If it does then I am still on the old up to 2 meg package surely?? Nothing has changed except the name!
tcs2000
Grafter

Please confirm that my usage allowance is still 5gb as my billing date isn't until 23rd.
N/A

And what are the new 'allowances'? I know it used to be 5mgs Peak, and it will be 3 mgs Peak - and that the time of Peak is changing to 4.00 p.m. to midnight (8 hours) but how much is allowed Off-Peak?
N/A

I think the download limit for the new off peak hours on broadband plus up to 8meg - midnight til 4pm - were quoted somewhere as 'possibly up to 50meg'. I have not seen an exact figure though
tcs2000
Grafter

Yes...I have seen a new figure of 50gb allowance for Off Peak.
Plusnet say that there is no limit as such but I'd work to 50gb if I were you.
N/A